Chapter 11

Veronica's POV

This past week I've been somewhat keeping my distance from my roommate and Lizzie, just been hanging out a lot more with Amy and Kaitlyn, as well as putting myself into schoolwork. It's now Saturday and I just woke up from the best nap ever, which is rare for me but I guess the sun really does take the energy out of you.

It's around 4pm now and my roommate is out at the gym, and I am starting to get myself ready for game night at Kaitlyn and Amy's place. I hear the front door of my apartment open and shut so I assume it's my roommate returning from her workout, then I hear my door open and shut. I turn around to see Lizzie standing with her back against my closed door.

Before I could get a word out she rushes up to me and slams me into the wall that's behind me by kissing me. I'm definitely sunburn all over my back, if I didn't know it before I knew it now and after I started to feel the pain I hissed to which Lizzie looked at me with concern

Lizzie: What's wrong?

Me: Nothing, I love this but I think, no I know, my entire back is sunburned and slamming into the wall was not the best

I slid to the floor of my room sitting as lizzie crouched and sat next to me and kept looking at me.

Lizzie: I'm sorry bubs, I just haven't seen you all week.

Me: I know and I actually wanted to talk to you about that

Lizzie: Okay talk to me

Me: I was keeping my distance cause I wanted to clear my head about some things first before we talked.

Knowing this was a serious conversation Lizzie and I turned to face each other and prepared for what was about to come.

Me: Well my first question is how long do you want to keep this between us a secret?

Lizzie: I don't know V, I mean I'm just worried about you and how your life will completely change. I also am not sure how my friends will react or how the public will and how it'll affect my career.

Me: I know and I get that, I support your decision I really do but I don't know if I can keep doing this.

Lizzie: Wait what do you mean? I thought you said that we could go at my pace?

Me: I did and I still am willing to do that but I can't be kept an indefinite secret. I mean your friends don't know we hang out, I'm lying to my friends about my relationship and you know I hate lying to the people I care about.

Lizzie: What about you and your ex? You guys were together in secret for two years and you never had a problem with it.

Me: Yeah and that nearly broke me. I regret that it took me so long to come to terms with who I am. Not only that I was still able to be with her with our friends, we still were able to hold each other and hold hands and stuff with our friends. They didn't know we were together but we did those things as friends in front of them and so they never questioned it. It helped us stay close and have it last as long as it did.

Lizzie: Okay I understand that. So what does this mean for us?

Me: I think we need to take a break at least until you figure things out. I'm gonna be honest hearing you talk about how you're with other guys on nights when you're with me is hurtful and it hurts me you can't tell your friends the truth about us. I love you Lizzie I really do, more than you'll ever know but I think it's best to take some time apart right now

Tears are threatening to fall on both our faces as we sit there in silence. My phone rings which breaks the silence and I see it's a text from Amy that her boyfriend is on their way over so I should head over too that way we get there at the same time.

Me: I hate to leave like this but I really have to go. I love you Lizzie, I always will and I'll be here for you as a friend

I kiss her forehead and stand up and look in the mirror trying to collect myself. I look back at lizzie who is still in shock on the floor of my room not moving an inch.

Lizzie: I'll be fine, I just need a minute. Don't worry, go have fun at Amy's and I do love you V, I'll do everything I can to prove it to you.

Me: Okay, I love you too!

With that I left my room and headed to Amy's place. It broke my heart seeing the amount of pain Lizzie was in and knowing the pain I felt. Honestly I didn't want to do this game night anymore but I knew it was probably best for me to keep me distracted

That night I went to game night and explained to Amy and Kaitlyn everything that had happened between me and Lizzie over the course of the last month. I needed to tell them why I was possibly not in an upbeat mood and/or was going to get plastered tonight. Either way I knew that tonight was going to be a long night.

—————————
A/N: I hope you guys are liking the story so far! I appreciate everyone who has read it, this is my first story ever on here so I apologise if it isn't great, but I hope you all are still enjoying! Also don't worry Lizzie and Veronica won't be on too long of a break....or will they? 🤷‍♀️