Chapter 34

Veronica's POV

So it's been a few weeks since Lizzie and I agreed to trying us again. Issue was I have yet to talk to Scarlett. Not for lack of trying though, it's just been a hectic few weeks. Between having to score music for the movie and helping Sabrina with her music stuff, as well as writing my own stuff and hanging out with Lizzie it's been hectic.

Today though I decided that against all odds I will talk to Scarlett about everything, though part of me thinks she's been avoiding me because she knows. That's probably just me overthinking though.

Anyway right now I am helping Sabrina prep for her tour and then I am headed to Scarlett's place to talk to her.

SC: Hey V, how do you feel about this first date on the tour joining me in singing the song we did together on the album live? It could be a real treat

Me: Yeah sure whatever

SC: Mhmm. And then maybe you could join me inn traveling the world doing all the shows and open my concert for me

Me: Yeah sounds great

Clearly I wasn't fully in the conversation and Sabrina could tell it too. I mean I just agreed to stuff I would never agree to.

SC: Alright what's wrong?

Me: nothing's wrong

SC: Yeah? You just agreed to opening for me on tour and singing our song for all my fans at every stop without so much as an argument. Something's clearly wrong.

I sighed knowing she was right and I can't hide anything from her.

Me: Okay if I tell you you promise not to tell anybody?

SC: I promise

Me: Ok well a few weeks ago Lizzie and I decided to try us again, keeping it slow and everything...

I proceeded to tell her all about how Lizzie and I came to that decision, and our past, as well as how I still haven't talked to Scarlett.

SC: Ok wow well congrats on you and Lizzie! I swear if she hurts you again I will kill her! Also you need to talk to Scarlett it isn't right.

Me: Thanks for telling me that. It's not like i didn't already know that

SC: Ok I know that you know but why have you been avoiding it

Me: Because I don't know how to say it and keep our friendship in tact and hers and Lizzie's in tact and idk not make it too terrible.

SC: aww hun, no matter which way you slice it it's going to sting. I mean who knows she may surprise you.

Me: You're right, any chance I could leave now so I can talk to her before I lose my motivation to talk to her?

SC: Yeah. Only if you agree to at least doing the first show on my tour as opener and singing our song on my album with me

Me: How about I do two songs before you're set starts instead of a whole opening set and i'll do the one song with you on your performance?

SC: DEAL! Honestly surprised you agreed to any of that

Me: Don't make me change my mind

SC: Gooooo go talk to Scarlett and I will see you tomorrow.

She quite literally shoved me out the studio but I didn't mind. I drove to Scarlett's house going over everything I was going to say in my mind.

When I got there I saw another car in her driveway and it wasn't hers or anybody I recognized, but I didn't think much of it not wanting to lose my nerve to talk to her.

I parked my car and knocked on her front door waiting for an answer but after a few knocks I got nothing. I was about to turn away when I heard the click of the door and saw it opening but who i saw behind the door is what shocked me.

Me: Umm hey dude is Scarlett home? I need to talk to her quickly

I didn't want to jump to any conclusions because I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. Plus I can't judge given I'm here to end things so Lizzie and I could give us another go.

They invited me in and I watched as they went upstairs to get scarlett while I sat on the couch. Scarlett looked at me stunned and it looked like she was ready to give me an explanation but I cut her off.

Me: Hey I needed to tell you something first before you say anything because if I don't say it now I will 100% lose my nerve.

She looked at me and nodded, sitting next to me as I held her hands to fiddle with while I tell her what was on my chest

Me: Now I know this isn't fair or anything but I thought it was right to tell you rather than sneak around. Plus it's not like anything happened other than us going on dates. But Lizzie and I are going to try to give us another go. It was my decision and she kows a lot about my past and I hope one day I could be more open about it with others and what not but it's easy and I know that is like the worst explanation. Though I also don't think I ever lost feelings for her I think they were pushed aside cause my pride was bigger. I do like you too and started to get feelings for you and I thought I would give us a go but I guess somewhere along the line it was too hard to ignore and i don't want yours and Lizzie's friendship to be ruined and I don't want to ruin our friendship which is why it took me a while to come and talk to you and....

She grabbed my face and squished my cheeks together to stop talking and get my attention which worked.

I looked her dead in the eyes with watery eyes and she just gave a small smile which then confused me. I think she saw the confusion on my face cause then she spoke up

SJ: Are you done? You were rambling. Can I talk now?

Given i couldn't say much I simply nodded and she removed her hands from squishing my face

SJ: Good. It's okay Veronica, I had a feeling there was something between you and Lizzie. At first I went out with you because I wanted to push you two together in thinking Lizzie would see us together and make moves to come out and be with you. I knew it after hearing that song you song in your work space. Then I got to know you and I did start to like you but as more time went on it seemed like you and I would be better off as friends. I hadn't found a right time to tell you either but as you saw I found someone else and granted like you said nothing beyond cuddling has happened, I couldn't do that to you but I had to find a way to tell you soon. Also don't worry you and I could still be friends if that's what you want and Lizzie and I will be fine.

I smiled and gave Scarlett a huge hug and we both sat and talked for a few after that before Scarlett spoke up.

SJ: Not that I don't love you being here V but it is kinda late and would like to get some sleep haha. Can we continue this tomorrow over coffee or lunch?

Me: Yeah of course! Sorry I didn't realise the time

Then in a whispered tone so only Scarlett could hear I said

Me: Go have some fun

I wiggled my eyebrows a bit and she rolled her eyes and pushed me out the door playfully while saying

SJ: Good night Veronica

Me: Good Night ScarJo

SJ: you're so dead

Me: Wouldn't want it any other way

And with that she closed her door and I walked to my car feeling content about our conversation and how things ended. I got in my car and decided to text lizzie to see if she was up and she said she was and that when I got back to her place maybe we could watch a movie and cuddle to which I agreed to. This night was perfect so far what could possibly go wrong?

--------------------

A/N: I hope you guys enjoy this longish chapter for you guys. Sorry it took so long for me to post it. 

Who do you guys want Scarlett to be with in this story?

Also what do you guys think will happen next?