Chapter 36

Veronica's POV

After Lizzie and I's moment we went and looked through my music books and she helped me pick out another song. Granted giving her my song book was probably not the smartest because she kept trying to guess which song I was going to sing that was the surprise one. Little does she know I have a whole separate song book about her and how she makes me feel. I will say though it was fun watching her try to guess though each time she came across one she thought was about her.

Before I knew it though it was time to go to the concert and get set up for the opening number. Lizzie of course was with me backstage and all because I honestly don't think I would have even made it to the venue if it wasn't for her. My anxiety and fears wouldve had me turning the car around so quick.

I'm backstage trying to get rid of all these nerves in my body but nothing seems to be helping, especially not knowing that I only have a few minutes before I have to start.

L: V, are you okay?

I simply shook my head because I didn't trust my voice at the moment. She caressed my cheek and looked me in the eyes and it was like nothing else mattered.

L: Hey I know it's scary and you've never done this before, but I'll be right there the whole time. If you end up getting too nervous just look at me and tune everything else out, imagine you're just in our living room playing your guitar singing to me? You think that would help?

Me: Yeah I think so. You know I-

SC: Hey V! You should start heading to the stage for- and I interrupted something didn't I?

I cleared my throat and shook my head

Me: no no you didn't, I'll see you out there Lizzie?

L: Of course! I'll be in the front.

We quickly kissed each other and someone took Lizzie to be in front of the stage and I walked over to S

SC: Now be honest did I ruin some moment?

Me: Yes but honestly it was probably for the best. I almost slipped telling her how I love her but we are taking things slow and I don't want to rush into that.

SC: That's a good move. I say if you love her though you should tell her.

Me: How though?

SC: If you don't want to say the words I love you why not write about it. Maybe one day the things you can't say will at least be a good song?

I thought about what she said and the specific phrase "things I can't say" sounds like a good title of a song. I immediately pulled out my phone and wrote out the song title in my notes so I wouldn't forget it. Maybe it'll inspire something for a song even if it isn't an actual song title.

Me: You are a genius S, I think you just gave me an amazing idea.

SC: I try! Now we are here and you need to get on stage and do your opening numbers. You got this! I believe in you.

I smiled at her and hugged her as the crew was attaching all the stuff to me.

SC: Break a leg

Me: Thanks.

I turned around and took a deep breath before walking out on stage and saying hi to the crowd. There was definitely a lot of people here but not as much as I thought which made me feel better. I also was able to quickly spot Lizzie and she was actually standing next to someone talking to them but I didn't think much of it. She's friendly so I figure it was either some celebrity she knew or someone she ran into idk.

I get to the front of the stage and say

Me: Hey LA are you ready for some awesome music tonight?

The crowd cheered so loud I was shocked.