Chapter 10

Veronica's POV

I feel the bed moving and slowly start to wake up, I look at the time on my nightstand and read that it's 6am. I then looked to see Lizzie scooting off my bed to get herself ready to leave my apartment before my roommate awoke.

Lizzie: *whispering* Good morning bubs, I am sorry I woke you

Me: *Whispering* It's okay I would've been more upset if you left and didn't wake me

Lizzie kisses me softly and then proceeds to finish gathering her things in my room.

Lizzie: *Whispering* I wish we could wake at a normal hour than do this. Although I may see you today at some point, Kenzie and I had made plans

Me: *Whispering* Too bad I wish I was staying in today but I'm going to Kaitlyn's place to do work with her and Amy, as well as catch up.

Lizzie: *Whispering* It's okay maybe we'll still cross paths at some point today

Me: *whispering* Of course we will, and if not we can facetime tonight or something, we'll figure it out

I went to giver her a kiss but before I could deepen it Lizzie took a step back causing me to pout.

Lizzie: *Whispering* Aww bubs, as much as I wanted that to continue you know I need to get out before your roommate wakes.

Me: *Whispering* I know, one more quick kiss and then I'll walk you out the door.

Lizzie complies and I walk her out the door of my apartment. I then quietly closed the front door, as well as my room door and instantly drifted off to sleep in my bed.

Next thing I know my 10am alarm is going off jolting me awake because it was blaring. As I was jolted awake I realized the time and knew that Amy was to be at my apartment within the next hour to pick me up to take me to her place. I quickly hopped out of bed to take a shower and get ready to head out.

After gathering all my belongings, showering, and eating breakfast it was around the time Amy normally came to pick me up. I was double checking the apartment that I had everything before leaving and then I heard the front door open and see none other than Kenzie and Lizzie walking in.

Lizzie: Hey

Kenzie: Morning Veronica, what are you up to?

Me: Nothing much checking I have everything before going to my friend's place to do work, what about you two?

Kenzie: We just finished working out, I'm grabbing a few of my things before going to get brunch with Lizzie and a few other people.

Me: Sounds good, well I should head out Amy is going to be here any minute.

Kenzie: See ya later

They walked into Kenzie's room and I left out of the apartment, heading towards the elevator. As soon as I reached the elevator I realized I left my key in my apartment so I walked all the way back to get it. As soon as I walked in I could hear Kenzie and Lizzie chatting about last night and me being nosy decided to listen in for a few minutes while looking for my keys.

Kenzie: So where'd you go last night Lizzie?

Lizzie: What do you mean?

Kenzie: I mean one second I saw you dancing with some dude and next thing I noticed is the two of you were gone. OMG did you go home with that guy?! Did you guys do it?!

Lizzie: Shhh Kenzie! I did go home with someone but not that guy

Kenzie: Ooooo then who? Was it the guy who kissed you last night?

Lizzie: What guy?

Kenzie: You know who

And before I could hear anymore my phone vibrated with Amy telling me she was downstairs. I know for a fact that Lizzie wasn't with anyone else last night, she was with me and she was sober. It still broke my heart to hear her telling Kenzie about how she hooked up with someone at the club when in reality it was with me. Granted Lizzie had no idea I was there and wanted to keep her cover, I can't necessarily blame her but it doesn't mean it isn't hurtful.

Throughout the rest of the day my mind was everywhere and nowhere too. I tried to focus on my classwork, and I did. I managed to get a lot done and then around 2pm we all decided to take a starbucks break

K: Hey you guys wanna grab starbucks?

A: I'm down, I am not doing really anything, Veronica?

Me: Yeah I could use a break.

We all piled into the car and then started having random conversations. After ordering our drinks at Starbucks I decided to ask Kaitlyn about the girl she's seeing

Me: Hey Kaitlyn, how's it going with that girl?

K: It's going really well actually, she's super fun to be around. I mean I don't want to jinx anything yet but so far seems to be going well

A: I met her the other night

Me: Yeah? Thoughts?

A: She's super sweet and fun. We didn't talk much didn't want to ruin date night but they seemed like they were having fun

K: Yeah we were and Amy did meet her. It wasn't like awkward or anything thank god

Me: That's good!

K: Yeah, what about you V? You talking to anyone?

Me: No not really, I mean here and there but nothing sticks you know?

A: Yeah I get that it's so hard

With that we proceeded to listen to music and jam out to songs. Well they did I simply was lost in my thoughts with my situation with Lizzie. I really mean what I say when I tell Lizzie that I'm here to wait for her to be ready and I'm fine with keeping us a secret. My only problem is I hate lying to my friends and I hate her telling her friends that she's with other guys when she is in fact with me. Before, with my ex, it was easy to keep us a secret for 2 years because before we were a couple we were friends who did coupley like things in public, minus the kissing. So even though we were secretly dating I was still able to hangout with her with our friends and cuddle with her and link arms with her or hold her hand. Our friends never questioned it because we always did it and honestly keeping us a secret that long really broke me, thought I'd never go through that again, but here I am.

I don't know what to do, I really do love Lizzie but I am not sure how long she wants to keep us a secret and I don't think I can wait so long again. I need some time to clear my head and come to a decision.