Chapter 25

Veronica POV

We walked into the recording booth, Scarlett was on the other side of the door looking through the glass window and I got nervous. I turned to Sabrina and asked

Me: Hey is it okay if we record this facing each other than straight ahead?

SC: Yeah no problem why though?

Me: Just can we please?

SC: Yeah for sure

I think Bri got the reason why when she went to look through the window and saw Scarlett standing there with the headphones on smiling.

We sat on the stools, put our headphones on and had the mics inn front of us and began listening to the melody we had come up with and began singing. Well Bri did first.

I don't want to buy what they're selling these days
Saying feeling and falling is all a mistake, no, no

Now it was my turn to say the next lines and I got super nervous but I tried to focus on the music and get in the zone.

And why does everybody look at young hearts feeling love
Like it's just a matter of time before they break, no, no

I waited for Bri to sing her next lines and if I'm being honest this was nice, it just felt like a conversation with her.

They started saying when you can't hide run
When you can't run hide
Started thinking love's a loaded gun
Nobody wants to fight

And it's me again

And when did we all stop thinking that the world stops spinning in a kiss goodnight?
And when did our heartbeat beating too fast stop meaning it was worth the while?

The next part was chorus which we sang together

I wanna, I wanna be loved

And I don't wanna run
I don't wanna hide

That's how we went on with the rest of the song. We went back and forth and then sang the chorus together. It was actually fun and exciting doing this. Next thing I knew we were done with the song.

SJ: That was really amazing you guys! I loved it!

Me: Thank Scar

SC: I don't think we have to do another take do we?

Bri then looked at the guy who was managing the switchboard and moving tracks stuff around on the computer (idk what those people are called but hope you know who I'm talking about)

He said that Bri was good but he wanted me to redo a couple of my parts before listening to the entire track as it would sound on the album. I agreed and walked back to where Bri and I were while Sabrina and Scarlett stood on other side of the glass. Bri gave me a thumbs up and big smile and I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and tried to focus on the music coming through the headphones.