Bringing back memories (Karl Jacobs & Ranboo)

Request by: errorshark

Little: Ranboo (2-3) CG: Karl Jacobs

Warnings! Forgetfulness, panicking

Plot: Ranboo gets really frustrated with being forgetful and he regresses by the stress. But Karl understands him and takes care of him and helps him remember things.

-Ranboo's POV-
"Boo, I'm going to see Tommy so I'll be gone for a bit. I'm also gonna take Michael with me, Tommy really wanted to see him" Tubbo said to me as he collected his stuff. I looked at him confused. Tommy. The name didn't ring any bells for me. "W-who?" I asked tilting my head as I looked at Tubbo.

  "Tommy, my best friend, Michael's uncle" Tubbo said patiently and placed a hand on my shoulder. I just stared at him in confusion, Tommy Tommy Tommy, who? I said the name many times in my head and tried to picture his face in my head but nothing came up. "Remember?" He said with a hopeful smile on his face. "Y-yeah, of course I remember... Tommy" I faked a smile.

Actually I didn't, I didn't have a clue who he was. "Good, I got scared for a bit" Tubbo sighed and chuckled a bit. He lifted Michael up and put him on his hip. "I'll be back after the sunset, see you then. Say bye to Daddy Michael" Tubbo said to me. I patted my son's head and gave Tubbo a quick kiss on the cheek.

Immediately when he closed the door behind him, I felt like I could drown on the feeling inside me. The fact that I didn't remember a thing about this Tommy guy made me extremely frustrated, I have been more forgetful lately. I could feel my breathing get quicker and I stumbled to the living room.

I grabbed a photo album from the bookshelf and started flipping through it. I could feel myself panick as I couldn't remember half of the faces even tho I was in the fotos with most of them. I flipped through it quicker and quicker, tears starting to choke me as they fell on the album pages. "W-why don't I remember?!" I cried out as I let the book fall on the floor.

-Karl's POV-
I was walking through Snowchester, on my way to Ranboo's and Tubbo's cabin. As Ranboo's caregiver, I really wanted to know how he was doing. I went and knocked on the door and I heard footsteps inside coming towards the door. Then I saw a really panicked Ranboo open the door. His breathing was high pitched and face covered in tears.

"Hey hey hey, is everything ok?" I asked quietly as he stood in the doorway. "Da, I- I cawn't wemembew anyfing!" Ranboo cried out and I could hear from his voice that he was in little space. "Ok honey, I know it can be frustrating but I need you to breathe" I tried calming the taller guy down by running my hand down his arm.

"I was looking at pictuwes and I couldn't wemembew anyone e'cept you an' Tubs" Ranboo sobbed and wrapped his arms around me. "Let's go inside and let's calm down together, ok?" I spoken softly and grabbed the little's hand. He nodded as I took him inside and we sat on the couch. I saw the album on the floor.

"Was this the one you were looking through?" I asked as I let the little one cuddle to my side. "Mhm" he nodded sadly and sniffled quietly. "Would you like to get changed out of those big boy clothes and then we could look through this together and try to remember things, ok love?" I said quietly and stroked his hair.

"Okies" he hummed sadly as we got up from the couch and went to his room.

(This is what Ranboo is wearing now) "Where did you get your new paci from, it's gorgeous?" I asked the little

"Where did you get your new paci from, it's gorgeous?" I asked the little. He looked at me and I could see tears collect under his eyes again. "I don' wemembew" he mumbled behind his paci and clinged onto my arm. Darn it, that was a dumb question. "It's ok, you don't have to, I will help you remember" I said smiling as we sat back on the couch.

I grabbed the album from the coffee table as I let Ranboo cuddle closer to me. "So let's start from the first page" I said with a soft voice and opened it again, Ranboo nodded. In the first page there was a picture with him, Tubbo, Michael and Tommy, all at their famous bench. "So who all do you recognize from this picture" I asked and looke at him.

"Dis is me, Tubs, Michael and..." he stopped his finger at Tommy. "You don't remember?" I asked carefully. "No..." he said and shook his head sadly. "It's Tommy, do you remember Tommy? Tubbo's best friend?" I tried to make him remember. Ranboo looked like he thought about it for a bit. "Tommy... yeah I do remember!" He looked so exited when he actually remembered who he was.

"Good job honey!" I praised him and ruffled his hair. Ranboo bounced a bit on his place in excitement. Then we went on the next page and there was a picture of me, Sapnap and Quackity. "So you of course see me, who else do you see?" I asked and looked at him hopefully. Ranboo thought about it for a bit, he did remember Quackity but not Sapnap, I told him who he was and he remembered him.

We went through the whole album and I helped him remember everything, Ranboo get so relieved and proud of himself. "You did so good today little one!" I laughed and hugged him tight. "Yeah! I'm so good!" Ranboo said. "Let's get you a snack, something sugary would make a good treat for you for being such a good boy!" I said and walked him to the kitchen.

"Cake! I wan' cake!" He said exitedly and ran to the kitchen. He started digging through a chest and found cake. "That looks great!" I said as I got him a bottle. I put in some warm milk and we sat on the table. Ranboo immediately started eating his cake and I took a piece too. We ate our cake and after Ranboo wanted more cuddles on the sofa.

So that's what we did, I let him lay on top of me as I rubbed his back soothingly. After a bit both of us fell asleep and the thing that woke me up was Tubbo coming back home with Michael.

Much fluff like you requested!