Careday for the independent little (Philza & Ghostbur)

Request by: where_ar3_the_ask3rs

Little: Philza (3-5, towards the end like 1-2) CG: Ghostbur

Warning! Being embarrassed of eating in front of people.

A/N: Holy fucking shit, 70 k reads! That's so much, thank you guys so much!

Plot: When Phil see's the ghost of his son, his heart breaks. Ghostbur is left to take care of him after seeing the lack of self care through Phil's emotional and physical state. Later Ghostbur asks if Phil needs a caregiver, and Phil says yes. After that, they have a care day where Ghostbur takes care of Phil the whole day to make him feel better. But Phil has a secret no one else had noticed yet.

(This story is at the time where it's been about a month of Wilbur's death)

-Phil's POV-
I was sitting at the place where I had killed Wilbur, my own son, almost a month ago. After that, everything just has been going downhill. I can't believe I could do something like that. I have completely forgot about self care and all I do is sit either at home or at this place, just listening to the sound of the water.

"Dadza! I have missed you!" I heard a happy voice from behind me. I couldn't believe it, the voice was so familiar, almost like...
"W-Wilbur?" I asked shocked and looked at where the sound was coming from. There he was, the ghost of my son. "Wilbur? I'm Ghostbur... but that's ok! I've missed you so much!" He said smiling and floated in front of me. I looked at him with pure shock.

"Dad, is everything alright? You look a bit sickly" Ghostbur said and tilted his head a bit. I couldn't get a word out of my mouth, my lower lip started trembling and I could feel my heart beating. I realized how badly I missed my son, how much I regret killing him. My head grew fuzzy and I slipped into little space. I quickly buried my face in my hands and started sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm so sorry! I'm so so so sowwy!" I started crying and felt really overwhelmed.

-No one's POV-
"H-hey, why are you crying?" Ghostbur asked and floated in front of me. (I was wondering like, can Ghostbur pick up stuff? Like does his hands go through things? But for this story's sake, he can pick up stuff and everything doesn't go through his body) "'M so sowwy! I didn' want to kill you!" Phil cried out and didn't even look the ghost of his son.

Ghostbur was confused, he didn't understand why his dad was sad when he saw him. He thought Phil would be happy to see his son, but there he was, sitting and bawling his eyes out. Ghostbur kneeled in front of Phil and looked at him, he placed a hand on his shoulder. "Did I say something wrong? Is it something I don't remember?" Ghostbur asked, worried that he had said something wrong.

   Phil shook his head, still crying. "I jus' weally miss you, I miss Wilby" Phil sobbed and wiped his eyes. "Well, I'm not Wilbur but I'm Ghostbur if that's good enough for you?" Ghostbur tried comforting him and ran his hand up and down his arm. Phil liked feeling his son's touch, even though it felt a bit different, like cold almost. Then Phil just hugged the ghost of his son tight.

   "Do you fowgive me?" Phil asked quietly as Ghostbur hugged him back. "Of course! I don't know what for, but okay!" He said happily, because Ghostbur could only remember happy memories, he didn't have no memory of his dad killing him. For awhile they just sat there, Phil snuggled against Ghostbur's chest. "I don't like seeing you sad, why do you feel so upset all of the sudden?" Ghostbur asked the older guy.

   "I jus' felt so bad, and now I'm tiny on accident" Phil mumbled quietly, leaning against the ghost of his son. "Oh you're regressed?" Phil nodded sadly. "It's okay little one, I'll take care of you now" Ghostbur said softly as he held the mentally younger guy close. Soon Phil had calmed down and was now just laying against him. The little was exhausted from all the crying and lack of self care.