Fear of heights (Dream & Tommy)

Request by: potatoeswhitketchup

Little: Dream (2-4) CG: Tommy

A/N: Eye reveal :) My eyes are green btw it just doesn't look like it on this pic

Plot: Tommy and Dream meet irl for the first time and decide to go to an amusement park

Plot: Tommy and Dream meet irl for the first time and decide to go to an amusement park. Tommy drags Dream to a really crazy roller coaster that goes really high. Dream is not afraid of roller coasters but high places. The things that scare Dream, makes him usually slip so when he looks down from the roller coaster he slips. Because Tommy is Dream's caregiver, he understands almost right away what is going on and takes care of him.

-Dream's POV-
"Omg where are you taking me?" I laughed as Tommy had made me close my eyes the whole way we were walking there. I smelt cotton candy and popcorn, heard kids screaming and more. "Ok you can open them... now!" He said and I opened my eyes. I guessed right, it was a theme park. "A theme park, you're such a child" I said to him and raised my eyebrow at him.

   "And you're really old if you don't like theme parks" Tommy huffed. "Now, I want to go to the rides!" Tommy yelled and grabbed my hand. He started pulling me with him as I tried to pull back. "No no, I don't want to, I'm tired" I said and looked at the younger guy annoyed. "Dreaaam, you're so boring! We have to go to that massive roller coaster over there!" He yelled and pointed at it.

I tilted my head. "Pleaseeee Dreeeeam" he pleaded so annoyingly that I had to give up. "Ok ok FINE! I'll go to one roller coaster with you and after that, you can find me on a bench with some cotton candy" I huffed as Tommy yelled exitedly. He started dragging me towards the ride and got us into the line. I fidgeted with my hoodie sleeve nervously, I couldn't ever tell Tommy that I had a fear of heights.

   "You ok big man?" He asked as he saw the fidgeting I was doing. "Hmh? Oh yeah, I'm totally fine" I smiled as I looked at the line that was getting shorter every minute. Tommy squinted his eyes at me. "Ok, sure" he hummed as we waited in the line. Soon it was our turn, Tommy had for SOME REASON, get to the front row. I tapped my feet on the floor of our carriage as the safety barrier was set down.

"Let's goo!" Tommy yelled exitedly as the train started moving slowly. The speed grew second by second and soon we were on the highest point of the roller coaster. I had kept my eyes shut the whole ride. "Dream look! We are so high!" Tommy laughed excitedly and shook me. "No!" I yelled but peeked from behind my hands still.

I felt dizzy when I saw how high we were, I felt like crying as I saw the ground. I covered my eyes again, why were we staying still for so long? My head felt so full and heavy, I didn't want to slip right now but I couldn't stop it either. "I HATE DIS!" I yelled and grabbed onto Tommy's hand. He looked at me as he herd the tone in my voice.

-Tommy's POV-
Oh no, maybe dragging Dream to this roller coaster wasn't a good idea after all. I should have thought better because I knew that fear triggers his headspace. "It's ok Dream, we will get down soon" I tried calming him down as he held to my hand really tightly. I could see tears running down his cheek, I felt so bad.

The train was moving again and we went down. As soon as we got down, I could see Dream shaking and crying quietly. The safety barrier got lifted up and I took Dream by hand. We walked away from there and I took him to a bench. "Hey, look, I'm sorry Dreamy. I didn't you were so afraid" I apologized as I hugged the shaking little close to me. "Just take deep breath's with me, ok?" I said as I tried to get him to calm down.

As Dream calmed down a bit, I decided to ask some questions from him. "How old are you feeling right now?" I asked softly. Dream held up first two, then four fingers and put one down. "You're not sure?" Dream nodded. "Ok, that's completely fine" I smiled and stroked his cheek with my thumb. I noticed that Dream was nonverbal and I was completely ok with that.

"Let's just go to your car so we can get away from all these people, does that sound good to you?" I asked the little and earned a little nod from Dream. I always made sure to ask him for consent to everything we would do so I wouldn't make him uncomfortable. I offered him a piggy back ride that he happily took. Before we went to his car, Dream wanted to try and win something.

  He won a dinosaur stuffie that he named Rexie. As we got to his car, we went to sit on the backseat. I let Dream cuddle close to me again, he reached for something under the seat and pulled out a box that had pictures of ducks on it. "What do you have in there?" I asked as he started digging through it. "Nicky doesn' 'now, I usually com to my caw to be awone" He mumbled behind his pacifier he had gotten from the box.

  "Awww, you should let him know. It's nothing to be embarrassed about" I said quietly and stroked his hair. Dream just hummed as a response andI let him cuddle closer to me.

Sorry if it's bad but it's really late at night for me lol