6 : o f f . a g a i n

Amber found it odd not having Kia or Verani nearby, but that wasn't to say that she wasn't in good company. Wendy had been more than curious about Amber's blood magic since they got back from Tenrou Island and the young Dragon Slayer was still just as eager.

"Are all of your spells rune based?"

The black-haired girl nodded, "For the most part. If I have to, I can skip them to quicken my casting, but it lowers the integrity of my shields."

"What else can you do with your blood magic?"

"Stop crowding her, child." Carla stepped between the two, trying to get Wendy to sit back properly.

"I'm sorry," her shy side coming out, "I just got excited when I met someone else with support magic."

"It's fine," Amber smiled. "Besides, it's not just support magic."

Wendy waved her hands, "I'm sorry! I wasn't implying-"

She stopped mid-sentence when she felt a hand rest on the top of her head. Amber ruffled her hair ever so lightly before pulling her hand back.

"I can do more than just support magic, but so can you. Am I right?"

The blue-haired girl's eyes sparkled as she nodded, "Yeah."

"Someone's in a good mood."

The two smiled in return as Lucy slid into the seat next to Wendy. The young girl nodded, her smile not faltering. It felt so good for all of them to be home, even if they could still sense the tension and heartache that hung in the air of the guild hall. The others had been through so much while they were gone.

"Hey Amber!" Natsu called as he and Happy shot straight over from the door. "Have you seen Kia?"

"Yeah," Happy landed on the table in front of her, "We haven't seen her all morning."

"She went out to do some light training this morning," she explained, holding her hand up to show the rune she had written on the back in her blood. "She should be heading back just about now."

"Heading back?" Lucy asked. "Where did she go?"

Amber shrugged, "Her magic was starting to spark this morning so she decided to head out and find some Vulcans in the forest out back."

The next second was a blur as Natsu spun on his heels to get out the door. He knew his sister was strong enough to handle a few Vulcans on her own, but she wasn't fully recovered and her magic would be at a minimum. But he didn't make it two steps away from the table as Amber immediately grabbed a handful of his scarf, slightly choking him in the process.

"Down boy."

Landing on his back, Natsu took a second to take in a breath before leaping up to face the older girl, "What was that for?"

"Kia said no interfering." She pointed to the rune on her hand, "This is a signal rune. If she gets in trouble or anything, she will let me know and V will be at her side in three seconds."

On cue, the symbol flashed two times. Seeing this, Natsu turned on his heels again, only to get choked again.

"What the hell?! You just said that it would go off if she was in trouble!"

"Yes," Amber sighed, "It will continue flashing if she's in trouble. Two flashes is to let me know that she is done and on her way back."

"Oh."

Happy stared at the mark with wide eyes, "That's really handy!"

"Her magic is so cool, isn't it?" Wendy did a little hop in her seat for her excitement.