70 : a n n a

Wendy stared wide eyed at the blonde woman who was knelt down in front of her. She couldn't quite process the fragmented memories and innate instinct to trust her, no matter how she managed to know her name.

It didn't matter that the magic bomber was rocking everyone back and forth across the hallway, her gaze did not move. "Wow. It's really you."

A gentle smile crossed the blonde's lips, "So you remember me, Wendy."

"You're our teacher, Anna!"

Erza continued to stare at the woman suspiciously. The young Dragon Slayer had never mentioned this woman before, but that name had rung a bell for some reason. "Her 'teacher.'"

Anna turned her attention to the rest of the group, "What you may not know is I'm an ancestor of a close friend of yours. The girl known as Lucy. We are part of the same family."

"I don't understand what this means."

"No matter who you may be," Jellal jumped into the conversation, "if you have a plan to defeat Acnologia, you must share it with us."

She gave a knowing look, "I know you are quite eager, but be patient. All times come in due time." Her words paused as her gaze moved back to the bluenette before her, "It's good to see you, Wendy. You've grown."

"Miss Anna, I'm still so confused about everything. Kia explained some of it, but..." Her words trailed off as the woman pulled her into a hug.

"It's all right. And I'm sorry about what happened to Grandeeney and the other dragons. But if it's any comfort, know their efforts, their sacrifices, were not in vain." Without letting go of the girl, the Celestial Wizard looked to the other two again, "I was the one who 400 years ago who taught Wendy, Natsu, and the others about language and civilization. I also passed through the Eclipse alongside them to the current era. We came to the year 777 in pursuit of a singular purpose: Defeating Acnologia."

They were all suddenly thrown toward the windows as the ship quickly dodged a roar that had been sent in their direction. It was an excellent maneuver that saved their skins.

Erza pushed herself up, peering outside as far back as she could, "Is he going to shoot us out of the sky?"

"Oh no!"

Anna rested a supportive hand on Wendy's shoulder as the only male in their group squinted his eyes to something further off in the distance.

"What's that?"

Before anyone could make a theory as to what that glimmer in the sky was, it grew bigger until it slammed into the back of the Black Dragon. Acnologia roared as the fiery body slammed right between his wings, causing him to falter in his flight.

She pushed off into the sky as she aimed for the top of his head this time, "Phoenix Piercing Cry!"

And that was enough to give her the opening she needed to get past him. Those operating the magic bomber wasted no time creating a point of entry for the Phoenix Slayer as a smile formed on Anna's lips.

"I was waiting for her to show up."

||~x~||

Lucy tried to keep her tears from slipping out of her eyes, but she couldn't. They were slow and silent as she hugged the deep red book to her chest.

Happy walked closer on the bench, "Y'okay?"

"Hey, Lucy." Gray had also noticed from where he sat on her other side, "What's wrong?"

"This book." She pulled it away from her so that she could see it. Her eyes easily found those three large letters on its front cover. "How can this one book possibly contain Natsu's life? He's more than that. Natsu's special... but he's still a person like us. So how?"