64 : s c a r l e t . d e s p a i r . a n d . d a y b r e a k e r

Kia knew that she was making the best decision to end this battle, to stop these enhanced soldiers from mowing over everyone from Fairy Tail. However, she also had other fears. If she was right about who had reconfigured all of Fiore, then that would also reset when she took the Scarlet Despair down and that meant there was no telling what would happen to everyone then. They could end up anywhere on the continent again. And that could also potentially open up the possibilities for anyone else showing up too.

    It would be very bad for all sides if their old scaly enemy decided to make an appearance. But Kia couldn't worry about conserving her power to deal with him if she was going up against the Scarlet Despair. She knew that it wasn't a good idea to face her on her own, Kia had been able to feel the amount of power she had before and the redhead hadn't even been using any magic. There was a part of her that feared that she might even have to almost transform completely, and she really didn't want to do that infront of the entire guild. But if she had to in order to keep them safe, she would.

    Even though she knew that the faster she could end this the better, she didn't burst herself across the sky at full speed. She was taking that time to amass energy in her chest. Her silver flame grew warmer and warmer as she continually took in rapid breaths until she could make out the outline of her target standing before the guild hall.

    'Sorry if I miss, Master.' Kia braced herself for the backlash as she poured her magic forward, "Phoenix Piercing Cry!"

    Everyone for miles found themselves momentarily distracted by the tight dark red spiral of magic that cut through the air. The Phoenix Slayer had concentrated that massive attack into the smallest form she could, hoping that all of that power in that small of a space would do at least some damage to the Spriggan.

    A look of amusement crossed Irene's face as she held her staff out in front of her. The impressive display of fire magic was met by a different red blast that redirected it high into the sky. But Kia didn't let that deter her. She just continued forward, clapping her hands and wrists together, "Phoenix Tornado!"

    The fiery disaster was much larger than anyone was used to, engulfing most of the ledge that loomed over the battlefield. There would have been no place for Irene to move except by diving over the edge in Kia's direction. That also meant that the building behind her was likely smoldering ash.

    But the guild hall survived, as did everything else inside the shimmering dome that encapsulated the platform. None of her flames had reached their target.

    An amused smile sat on Irene's lips, "So you have finally come out to play."

    Kia contained a frustrated growl as she let her magic lick around her hands and feet, continuing to hover thirty to forty feet away from the Scarlet Despair. "You got a point?"

    Irene closed her eyes for a moment, "No. I was just wondering how long it would be until you charged ahead." Her eyelids lifted as her left arms did, palm aimed in the pinkette's direction, "But I do have a question for you, Phoenix."

    Every instinct in her body was telling her to run. This was not an enemy to take lightly, but she wouldn't run. Instead she let her muscles stay somewhat tense, ready to spring the minute the redhead made a move. But she did respond, "Which is?"

    "Do you really think you can win against me?"

    In that split second, Irene shot off a blast nearly as large as the fiery tornado that she had just held off. Kia didn't have time to marvel at the massive power that her opponent was throwing around like it was nothing. She countered.