65 : w a r m t h

Lucy, Evergreen, Carla, and Happy sat around the three newest members to their makeshift infirmary as they waited to hear from Porlyusica or Brandish on how they were doing. Both of the old healer's hands glowed as they rested over Juvia and Gray's wounds. There were two others in the room, though only one of them was conscious to witness what was going on. Dimaria was still sat against the crater her body had made earlier, bound with Sealstone, while the other was propped up against the wall behind Lucy. Her long pink hair had long since fallen from its usual ponytail, draping over her shoulder and covering part of her face. She had yet to stir since being found by a certain little blue Exceed who had been trying to find where Dimaria had taken his friends.

Porlyusica straightened up as her magic faded, "These two have serious injuries, but they should pull through."

"Luckily, I was able to shrink their wounds."

Lucy gave Brandish a kind smile, "That's great. Thanks a lot."

The old healer continued, "And if it weren't for Wendy, we could've lost Juvia."

Carla agreed with that sentiment wholeheartedly, since she had been there to witness the Water mage's original condition, but her attention was elsewhere. "The main concern is Natsu."

"Poor guy." Happy's heart sank a little when he looked over his unconscious best friend. He had seen Natsu take some beatings over the years, but nothing like this. That same thought ran through his mind when his eyes wandered over to the girl who was behind Lucy. Even though she had been cleaned up while he and Lucy had gone out to find Natsu, he still couldn't help but remember how severe her injuries were when he found her. The worst part had been the way her eyes wouldn't focus on him or how she hadn't responded to a single thing he said as the tears had streamed down his face. He could feel his eyes starting to burn again, keeping him from finishing his thought out loud, 'And Kia.'

"Earlier, I could shrink the mass inside of him," Brandish explained, "but my magic seems to have lost its effect on it. Whatever that is, I'm not powerful enough to counteract it."

Carla was just as unsettled as everyone else who had seen the Spriggan in action before, "That's quite alarming. Considering we've seen you shrink an entire island down to the size of a pebble."

"I wonder what could possibly be that resistant." Evergreen questioned out loud, "It boggles the mind."

Porlyusica began stating the facts they knew, but soon found that it had gotten them no closer to the truth. "He was immune to the time-stopping spell. And flew into a violent rage when it was cast. I hate to admit it, but I'm completely at a loss."

Though her eyes did not move, her mind thought to the Phoenix Slayer who had still not woken. She had a feeling that Kia might be the best person to ask about what was happening with the Fire Dragon Slayer. But someone else had decided to voice her own opinion.

"He's a demon. That's the only way to truly describe him."

Dimaria's words came out almost lightheartedly, like it was so painfully obvious that she couldn't believe that no one else in the room had come to the same conclusion. A few of them didn't voice their growing suspicions or did the little blue Exceed confirm those words. Kia had already told them that she was a demon from the books of Zeref, and she was only Natsu's adoptive sister from their time spent growing up with their father Igneel. But it was hard to deny how much the two looked alike. They looked more like brother and sister than Kia and Zeref did.

But a certain Celestial mage had something of her own to say.

"You're wrong about Natsu! That's a lie!"