45 : f a m i l i a r . f a c e s

11 Months Since Tartaros

Amber was only gone for two days and she came back to what looked like a minor disaster. Parts of the town were wrecked, but the clearest victim had been the Lamia Scale guild hall; it was missing a statue and a large chunk of its left side.

"What the hell happened here?" She called out as she stepped into the building. Her eyes scanned over the group that was standing just inside the doors: Lyon, Shelia, Yuka, Toby, Wendy, Carla, Lucy, Happy, and Natsu. She blinked a few times at the few she hadn't seen in nearly a year before sighing. "Nevermind. I can guess what happened."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Natsu questioned as a few of the Lamia Scale bunch chuckled. It was common knowledge that things tended to get broken when the Salamander was involved. Wendy, Lucy, and the Exceeds all sighed.

"But still," Amber looked at the pink-haired male, "what are you guys doing here?"

Natsu grinned, "We came to get you guys. We're bringing Fairy Tail back."

Her heart skipped. This was amazing news, but she couldn't help but feel bad about leaving everyone here behind, especially seeing that Natsu at least had something to do with the current state of their guild hall. Her eyes wandered over to lock with a pair of dark eyes.

"This was always the arrangement when the three of you joined." Lyon spoke calmly.

Natsu asked, "It was?"

"We always said we'd be part of their guild until Fairy Tail reformed." Carla explained.

There wasn't much more that needed to be said. Wendy had started getting teary eyed as she headed off to get her things from the apartment she had been sharing with Shelia and Carla. The others from Fairy Tail went with them to help cheer her up once Amber promised that she would meet them back at the guild within half an hour.

The Blood mage was still staying in the apartment that she had originally shared with Wendy and Carla when they moved to Marguerite. The other two had only moved out when Sherry got married and moved in with Ren. Even though she hadn't known the girl for very long, Amber wasn't the biggest fan of Shelia living on her own. Carla agreed with the idea and Wendy didn't want to intrude on Amber's space. The older mage didn't mind having her around, but the bluenette still felt like she was being a bother sometimes.

A sigh escaped her as she entered the studio for the last time. She hadn't brought a lot with her when she left Magnolia. Since she shared a house with Verani, there was no need for her to pack up everything she owned.

"You need any help?"

Turning, she found the owner of that familiar voice leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed lazily.

"No. I really only have some clothes to pack." Amber pulled her travel bag from the bottom of her closet as she started wrapping everything over its hanger before adding it to the bag. "You didn't have to check up on me, you know."

"Did I?"

Lyon was watching her as she moved to collect her things, politely going to look out the window when she moved to empty her dresser. There had been something in her chocolate eyes when they had looked at each other that told him that something was on her mind.

"I'm fine, Lyon." She paused with a sigh, "I just guess I wasn't prepared to get attached to this place."

That was when he decided to push his luck, "Was it the place you got attached to?"

Amber peeked over her shoulder to find him still looking out the window. She knew what he was trying to say, but she kind of wished that he would just come out and say it. The two had been a team on and off for nearly the last year and they had even hung out together outside of their job quests, she knew what he was thinking. It was the same way that he seemed to know how to act or what to say when he found her walking the streets in the morning when she couldn't sleep. Amber was almost certain that he had started just walking around that early in case she was up.