43 : o l d . m e m o r i e s

6 Months Since Tartaros

"Sky Dragon Roar!"

"Blood Barrier!"

A transformed Carla leaned against a tree at the edge of town as she watched the two sparring. The spells collided, the additional force redirecting toward the sky. Even though she had to hold her concentration, Amber couldn't help but smile proudly at the young Dragon Slayer.

The dust settled revealing both girls slightly out of breath, but with large smiles across their faces.

Amber was the first to straighten herself up and start across the clearing, "That was great, Wendy."

But the words echoed in the bluenette's head in a different voice.

"That was great, Wendy."

The little five-year old Dragon Slayer beamed up at the older girl with her big brown eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah," Young Kia smiled as she rested a hand on Wendy's head, "you're really getting the hang of your Roar."

Pride and happy butterflies swarmed throughout the little bluenette's body. Even though the Phoenix Slayer lived with Natsu and Igneel, she still looked up to her like a big sister. Kia was always taking the time to make sure that they were all learning not just the training from her, but how they were doing with their magic and their schooling. Wendy knew she really cared about each of them.

"Do you want to see it again?"

The pink-haired girl gave a half-nod, "Yes, but let's save that for the end of training today."

Even though she had essentially been told no, Wendy wasn't discouraged. With a smile on her face, the bluenette shifted her feet as she got into her starting position. Kia stepped over beside her in the same position.

"And one...two...three..."

The two moved through the maneuvers as normal. Choreographed punches and kicks were executed side-by-side as they always did. Kia wanted Wendy to work on her form, but knew that the younger girl wasn't confident enough to spar with anyone yet. But Wendy didn't mind this at all, she enjoyed keeping step with the Phoenix Slayer. To her, it always felt like she was dancing, staying in beat to the numbers that Kia called out. They had done this for so long that the older girl hardly even had to pause in order to correct Wendy's stance or posture.

Even now, Wendy could still feel the peace and calm that always came from those lessons. It made perfect sense to her why she always felt a sense of security when she was around Kia after they all returned from Tenrou Island. Her instincts had remembered what her mind had forgotten.

"So what did you want to work on next?"

The bluenette smiled up at the Blood mage, "How about hand-to-hand combat?"

||~x~||

Things were just as lively as ever at the Sabertooth guild hall. Requests were still pouring in since Fairy Tail had been disbanded half a year ago. This was apparent to everyone in the guild, but especially their master.

Sting had made a sizable dent in the stack of papers that seemed to always live on his desk, but he had just paused to rest his hand when his office door opened. His cerulean gaze shifted to meet a familiar crimson one.

"Where's Frosch?"

Rogue tipped his head toward the main area as he closed the door. "He's with Lector and the girls."