71 : t h e . t i m e . r i f t

Anna had been explaining to the small group what had happened on the night they had come through the Eclipse Gate. For the most part, none of this was new information for Kia, so she was only half listening as she tried to keep at least one eye on what Acnologia was doing behind them. She was also trying to ignore the occasional odd look she was getting from Jellal since she had opened her seal a little further, now having nearly half of her hair charred to black as she tried to stave off the time sickness without fully transforming.

By now, the Celestial Wizard was getting into things that were new to Kia as well as the heart of her plan to deal with the Black Dragon.

"There's an abnormal type of magic that flows in this era. It has no basic elements, nor is it made of light or darkness. It's simply nothingness."

That fully caught Jellal's attention as well, "A magic of nothingness?"

"That's right." Anna explained, "A type of magic that shouldn't exist in this era. But still intriguing. I had to investigate further. When I did... that's when I found it: the rift in time."

They were all jostled again as the ship shifted. The blonde braced herself as she continued, "This is only a theory right now, but I believe it is related to the time travel. We caused the natural flow of time to warp, just enough to expose it. Perhaps it's the very concept of time correcting, or at least attempting to. And that's giving rise to a power beyond our comprehension. But regardless... inside the time rift is literal nothingness. Nothing can live in it. Everything simply ceases to be. This would be true for Acnologia as well."

Jellal asked, "So your plan is to lure him there and trap him inside of it?"

"Yes."

"Okay. But this is crazy." He argued calmly, "I find it difficult to believe that after all these years, no one else has found this rift."

Anna held back her smirk, "That's because I have kept it hidden."

"Miss Anna, are you positive that this thing is really a rift in time?"

"When the Eclipse opened during the grand Magic Games, the hole had a rather intense reaction to that disturbance. This further confirmed my suspicions."

Erza's brows knitted slightly, "A hole?"

"Yes." She bent down to grab one of the fruit that had rolled out of its crate in all the turbulence, "It's normally invisible to the eye, but it's roughly the side of this orange. If you happen to touch it, you're done for. There's no escape from it."

"The plan is astoundingly simple!" Ichiya popped up seemingly out of nowhere, steadily causing a certain redhead to get incredibly tense. Hibiki stepped up as well, showing through his magic what the plan was while his 'boss' did the explaining.

"We'll travel around the time rift, and then wait for Acnologia. He will likely pursue us in a straight line, at which point he will come into contact with it. And then, he'll go poof, man! Gone forever!"

Kia could only stare at the little hologram of the Black Dragon. The plan really was simple, but there wasn't anything in the plan that was bothering her. She just wasn't sure how she felt about all of it as a whole.

Just like that. Acnologia could be gone just like that and everyone would be safe; it would all be over. And Kia's biggest problem would be fixed too. But a part of her couldn't help the feeling of... dissatisfaction at the thought of not finishing him off herself. She had been planning everything for so long, could it really be over this quickly?

Erza turned from the screen back to the Celestial Wizard, "Are you certain it'll be that easy?"

Anna stood up straight again as the ride calmed, squaring her shoulders ever so slightly, "It's the best option we have."