13 : b a t t l e . f o r . c r o c u s

Kia could have sworn that dragon eggs had an incubation period, but these little suckers weren't waiting around. The Fairy Tailers turned to face their new enemy that had just appeared all around them.

"Just great," Verani grumbled loudly as she began shifting her attention between Atlas Flame and the new arrivals. "This just keeps getting better and better, huh?"

The sound of rapid sparks filled the air before a figure encased in lightning rammed into the side of Atlas Flame.

"It's Laxus." Romeo's face lit up.

"Quit gawking." The Lightning Dragon Slayer landing between the dragon and the others, "Or did you not notice there are dragons to slay? I'll take the big guy myself."

Romeo's eyes widened, "You can't do it alone!"

"He's not." Freed stepped up, with the rest of the Thunder Legion at his back.

Evergreen smirked, "We've got his back."

"The Thunder Legion will handle this."

"We'll leave all the babies to you guys!" Bixlow grinned.

The First Master nodded in agreement, "The rest of you, keep away from the big ones. Remember what Natsu told us. Only Dragon Slayers can beat them. Laxus, Thunder Legion, good luck!"

The others began to scatter, heading toward their own groups of the newly hatched army. Kia continued to hover just behind the other two Mythics. Her eyes scanned the area, though she didn't rise more than a few feet off the ground.

"V, stay and help out here."

"What?" the blonde spun around to face her, "Why?"

Kia shook her head, "You can help support Laxus and boost his attacks even if you aren't a Dragon Slayer. Amber, stick with the main forces and help with the hatchlings."

The dark-haired girl raised a brow, "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to help from above." The pinkette began to rise, "I'll thin out the large waves before they can reach anyone."

The two exchanged a look as Kia gave them no room for debating. She knew that they would have tried to stop her from going off on her own because they were worried about the time sickness, and she knew they didn't have time for that. That was why she needed to go off and be productive elsewhere, so they weren't glancing over their shoulders constantly to make sure she was alright.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Amber said.

Verani grumbled, "I got one the minute that damned Gate was mentioned."

The Blood mage extended a fist, "Just do your thing. You know she has too many things left to accomplish before she lets anything take her down."

"Damn it, but still." V tapped her knuckles against Amber's, "You do the same. See you at the end."

They nodded at one another before turning and taking off in their opposite directions.

||~x~||

Verani still couldn't believe what had happened back there. Happy had just dropped Natsu out of the sky before the Fire Dragon Slayer announced he was going to eat the Hellfire Dragon. As shocking as it was, she still couldn't help the amusement that wanted to well up inside her at the thought. This was Natsu, and he's been known to do the craziest things at some times. V could say with some certainty that it ran in the family. Kia was known for doing crazy things herself.

The blonde's mood shifted at the thought of her best friend flying the skies overhead. She knew that the Phoenix Slayer had no business relying on her magic to fly right now, especially knowing that time was in such a state of flux. Kia would be screwed if her magic just decided to stop working or worse, she completely passed out in mid-air.