54 : a d v a n c e d . t r o o p

No one was really asleep when the bell rang out over Magnolia. They had all been relaxing or socializing as they waited in that calm before the storm, but none of them were truly asleep that quickly. A handful hadn't even made it out of the guild hall after evacuating the city.

And though there was evident panic in the air, the First Master did not hesitate in calling their first course of action against the advanced troop. "Now! I need you to relay this message: Start Strategy D! Flying Dragons and Ospreys! Commence the attack!"

The Mythics raced across Magnolia for the guild as they watched the three streaks of light stream across the sky toward the flying fleet. According to the information that they were getting from the guild, there were fifty full-sized ships above them, raining fire down on the glowing green dome that Freed had protecting the town.

Kia ground her teeth as the guild hall came into view. 'We're five minutes in and you're already on the frontline, blockhead.'

She flexed her hand while running, gauging how much her body and magic system had been able to recover throughout the day. If she didn't overdo it too badly tonight, she should have enough energy to begin rewriting the book of E.N.D. as soon as this first wave blew over.

Everyone else in the hall snapped to the doors as they opened to reveal the three girls. Verani and Amber stuck together near Kia, but let the pinkette cross the room to be closer to Master Mavis as she scanned over the map as well.

"Still just looking at the fifty?"

"Yes," the spectral blonde didn't bother looking away from the map as they talked.

"Spriggan?"

"One. And it appears to be the sand-user, Ajeel."

The ships above were lighting up overhead as they exploded one after another against the night sky. Verani shifted toward the window to get a better view of what was going on as Amber set to work placing communication runes on the three of them. The blonde watched as the three streaks began to converge on one point.

"Ah crap," V grumbled before turning back to the room. "Kia, we may have a problem."

This caught the attention of everyone in the room, not just the Phoenix Slayer, though she answered, "What?"

"Did anyone remind those three not to land on the ships when going after the big guy?"

The shoulders of the previous guild masters' slumped as Kia rested her face in her palm. She grumbled lowly, "You have got to be kidding me?"

"That's no good." Makarov started to regain his composure as did Master Mavis.

"This part completely slipped my mind."

Kia growled, turning back to the map, "Regardless, the three of them shouldn't have. They should know better." She took in a breath as she looked over the different energy signals that were present on Warren's scanner as she calmed her nerves, trying to keep herself from flying out of the hall and saving her idiot siblings, biological and adopted. "But we've caught it now."

"Kia's right." Master Mavis began looking over the map as well before turning to Warren. "I need to know who's closest to the invading force that can access the ships."

His eyes darted over the information at his fingertips, trying to get a quick assessment of who was closest and had the ability to fly. But he didn't have to.

Verani's voice called out again, "Looks like someone's already got that covered."

It only took seconds for Warren to confirm this, "It's Erza."