63 : t h e . m y t h i c s

There was no way that this could be happening. Gray never felt cold, but he did now. And he even had his Demon Slayer magic activated. It was terrifying, but because of the four living popsicles that were behind him, he was the only one left to fight this member of the Spriggan 13.

"You're unique." Invel broke the silence with his general matter-of-fact tone. "I believe you have what it takes to be one of us. Surely you must've noticed this by now, but your heart is slowly filling with darkness."

"What? I ain't gonna listen to this crap!"

"Magic grew from the darkness, the abyss of sorcery. This is why his majesty uses it himself."

The mention of the Abyss of Sorcery immediately brought back memories of Grimoire Heart's attack on Tenrou Island. Gray could still clearly remember that fight against Master Hades and the evil creatures that he had manifested to fight them. He could still remember the hopelessness and fear that had run through all of them. He clenched his fists, "So that means you guys actually see yourselves as villains, huh?"

But the Winter General still didn't react to anything he was saying, "Our side has no concept of good or evil. Darkness is a powerful force that exists inside everyone, regardless of your creed. It's strong in you. You can barely contain it."

"That's it. I've heard enough of this!" he clenched his fists tighter until his arm began to tremble some, "If you knew me at all, you'd know I've never been much of a 'white knight' type. I'll protect my Fairy Tail family by doing whatever the hell I gotta do!"

"You tell him, Gray!" Both Ice wizards turned their gazes in wonder at the sudden voice. They found Natsu flickering with flames that radiated a heat that had not only melted him, but the other three as well. "Because that's the Fairy Tail way!"

Happy jumped for joy, "I'm not a popsicle anymore!"

"Owie! Please, stop!"

"Gray, my love, are you okay?"

Gray's expression lightened at the sight and sound of them, "You guys!"

'Natsu managed to melt my ice.' Invel's eyes were trained on the Dragneel, 'I suppose it makes sense considering his origin.'

Said male had shifted his own gaze to the Spriggan, a scowl crossing his face, "You're the guy who attacked Kia."

"The Phoenix is a problem that needs to be dealt with." Invel's demeanor shifted ever so slightly, "Even though she wishes to stop all of His Majesty's plans, he still has some hope that she and Acnologia will take each other out to simplify matters."

Natsu growled as his flames flickered a little more erratically, "Say what?"

His anger rose, beginning to channel his fire into his hands. Juvia and Lucy prepared to join in the fight as well.

"All right, it's our turn now!" Lucy pointed at Invel with determination, "I say we give him a Fairy Stampede!" But she didn't get to move as she, Natsu, and Happy were scooped up by incredibly large hands. "Whoa!"

"Hey! What the-?!" Gray turned to see what had caused the sudden yelp from the blonde, easily finding the building-sized Spriggan, "Put them down!"

But nothing any of them said could sway Brandish from walking away with the three in her grasp. Juvia and Gray turned as she began fading from sight because of the weather.

The Water mage turned to her love, "What're we supposed to do now?"

But they wouldn't have a say in what they were doing next. Having the opening, Invel cast his Ice Lock spell, connecting the two together. He was determined to tailor Gray into a vengeful being that would deal with E.N.D. and hopefully the Phoenix for him. He would make this fight to the death.