57 : E N D

A small uproar sounded throughout the guild hall, which was to be expected after the bombshell that Kia had just dropped. Some of them had looked to Master Mavis, hoping that she would correct the Phoenix Slayer's statement, but she didn't. Zeref had taken back the Book of E.N.D.

And things didn't look like they were going to improve when Warren's alarm on his tracking system started going off lowly.

"Ah! There's a dire situation to the east!" He cried as he read, "Almost every guild in Bosco has been decimated!"

"Oh, no!"

"How can so many guilds be taken down by one army?"

"That's terrifying!"

"I don't know if their goal was to take control of Bosco, but it seems like they've stopped their advance for now!" Warren's expression lifted, "There is some good news though! The enemy coming from the north is about to be met by Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus!"

Hope began trickling back into those in the guild, but he wasn't done yet.

Warren continued, "And although the invaders from the south have taken the port of Hargeon, Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale are on their way to drive 'em out!"

"They've got it covered! So that just leaves us to deal with the forces coming from the east and the west!"

"Well, hopefully that'll be the case. But there's no guarantee they'll be able to stop them."

"Hey! Try to have a little faith in our allies, would ya?"

Romeo stepped forward, "Come on! We gotta go and help our friends!"

"He's right." Jett jumped in, "If they're coming to our aid, we can't just sit here and let them do all the fighting for us!"

"We gotta jump in there and man the front lines with them!" Droy chimed.

And Master Mavis agreed wholeheartedly, "Of course. We'll form some squads." She pointed across the room, "Mirajane, you, Elfman, Lisanna, Gajeel, Levy, and Lily will take the north!"

"Manly squad!"

"This isn't a favor to Jenny," Mira smirked, "but glad to help!"

Lisanna looked to Levy, "We can handle 'em!"

"Yeah."

"I've wanted to arrest Sabertooth anway."

"Nope." Pantherlily hovered beside his partner with his arms crossed, "That's not gonna happen, Gajeel."

Master Mavis turned to the other side of the hall, "And providing support to the south will be Natsu, Gray, Juvia, Wendy, Carla, and Laxus."

"Damn," Verani grumbled under her breath from beside Kia. Her best friends had gotten the pinkette to sit at one of the tables as she finished regenerating her stomach. With her back resting against the table itself, Kia listened, but remained silent.

From behind them, Amber muttered across the table, "You know we can't go to the front lines yet."

"I know," the blonde crossed her arms, "still doesn't mean it sucks any less."

"Hang on." Gray's voice seemed to cut through everything else in the guild, "Where's Natsu?"

Kia's gaze snapped up, her onyx eyes scanning everywhere in the guild as her nose also twitched. Her fear only grew stronger when several others started yelling out for him to answer.

'He wouldn't.'

But she knew better.

Her mind started racing: when was the last time she had seen him? When was the last time she had heard him? Even then, there was no way he could figure out where Zeref was.