16 : g r a n d . b a n q u e t

These are my rough designs for the dresses that the Mythics wear to the banquet. The descriptions later on do them a little more justice than I drawing skills, but thought I would add this anyway. 

||~x~||

||~x~||

Almost a week had passed. The first two days had been uncharacteristically quiet as Natsu had remained stoically in the armchair beside his sister's bed throughout the day, Happy napping in the covers with her. The two would only leave when Verani and Amber would kick them out every night when they returned to their hotel room to sleep.

And those two had been just as anxious as the Fire Dragon Slayer. Juvia had been trying to get Amber to sit still with Gray's help, but it had been a struggle. Amber was always wanting to check in on Kia and to see if she could help with her magic at all. Unlike most, the Blood mage had some experience with treating time sickness, even if it was only for smaller cases. Some of the others were having a similar problem with Wendy.

On the third day, Kia had finally woken up. Everyone knew the minute her eyes opened, because her little brother let out a happy yell that roused anyone who had been trying to sleep in. And things hadn't really slowed down since then. The King announced that he would be holding a grand banquet for all those wizards who helped defend Crocus and Fiore as a whole. It only seemed fitting after they had all fought off a handful of dragons. And now said banquet was only one day away.

A sigh escaped Verani from where she leaned against the railing to their hotel room's balcony. The afternoon air held a slight stickiness as the scent of rain hung in the air. The gentle feeling of static on the air brought the blonde both a sense of comfort and anxiety.

"Stupid weather..." she grumbled, shoving her hands into the pockets of her coat. As much as she didn't want to be outside with the weather, she was getting tired of sitting in one spot. She honestly just wanted to go home and be done with this city.

"You gonna stand out here all day?"

V turned her head to the neighboring balcony, her eyes easily finding her big brother leaning back against the wall beside the closed French doors. Her shoulders sagged, "Well, I can't figure out what else to do right now."

Laxus silently sighed, lazily watching her and taking in how stiff she seemed. "Then why don't you go get your dress for tomorrow?"

"Already got drug out for that yesterday..."

His brow quirked, "By who? I thought Kia and Amber were going today with Wendy and Juvia."

"Evergreen," she grumbled. Verani had nothing against the female member of the Thunder Legion, in fact she was grateful that her brother had such loyal friends, but shopping with her was an entirely different matter. She felt as if she had been spun and twirled by the older woman in nearly every dress shop in Crocus.

"You never wear dresses, therefore we have to find the perfect one!" Evergreen's voice still rang in her ears.

"She had far too much fun torturing me."