24 : f a i r i e s . a n d . f i r e b i r d s

50 Minutes Until Solar Eclipse

Natsu hated being stationary on a normal day. And today was anything but normal. He needed to find his sister. He needed to stop this crazy ritual that Levy had mentioned.

"Zan," Phari cheered, "let mine go so I can have some fun."

The tone coming from the boy's flute changed. Lucy let out a gasp as she was finally given control over her body again. Immediately turning, she ran to her side, "Natsu!"

"No!" Phari yelled.

The ground in front of Lucy suddenly exploded. She crossed her arms to shield her face from the blast. Skidding backward, she reached for the keyring on her hip. Lucy looked around as the small bit of dust settled, trying to figure out which spirit would be best for her situation. What kind of magic was this girl using?

"You're playing with me!" The emerald-haired girl's tone was somewhere between a demand and a pout as she threw one of her four dolls down at Lucy. The blonde reflexively sidestepped it, bad memories of Mr. Cursey flashing in her head.

She turned to look up at the twins, "I don't have time to play with you! Let Natsu and Happy go!"

Phari smiled widely in a way that both confused and worried all three Fairy Tail members. "Sorry."

Lifting her free hand upward, Phari flicked her wrist. Lucy grabbed for her whip to deflect whatever was coming, but this she hadn't been prepared for. The small ragdoll that Phari had thrown at her, latched onto her arm.

"What?!" Lucy flung her arm back, sending the doll flying just as it shot out another blast. She watched as not only that doll, but the three others around Phari, began to float in the air. Now she was suddenly reminded of her battle with Bixlow during the Battle for Fairy Tail.

'I don't have time to question anything right now.' She quickly pulled free one of her golden keys. "Open, Gate of the Maiden. Virgo!"

A ding sounded with a bright light before the Celestial Spirit appeared before her wizard, "Is it time for punishment, princess?"

Lucy didn't even respond to the usual commentary, "I need you to free Natsu and Happy. Be careful of the dolls and those two up there."

The pink-haired maid rested a hand on her chest with a small half bow, "Yes, princess."

But then Virgo didn't move.

"No fair, your dollies can talk." Lucy looked over to see Phari standing at the bottom of the left staircase. Her dolls danced around her feet, "She isn't allowed."

Lucy clenched her fists, "Virgo isn't a doll!"

Phari smiled, "But she'll make a great puppet."

The blonde didn't get a chance to fully question what was said, before the melody of the music shifted again, but she wasn't sure why. Then Virgo was charging her. A look of panic radiated from the spirit's blue eyes as she found her body moving on its own.

From their frozen positions, Natsu and Happy were forced to watch Lucy jump away from the maid. The two tried to make any part of their bodies move. Flames began licking at Natsu's body, though they didn't get much further.

'I can't just stand here.' He was sure that he would have chewed a hole through his cheek if his mouth could still move. 'Just hang on Lucy.'

"Virgo, I close your gate!"

A shimmer of gold flashed across the room as the Celestial Spirit faded back to her world, her fist disappearing instead of colliding with Lucy's cheek. The blonde sighed, grateful that had worked so easily compared to back when Sherry had used Taurus against her.