56 : u n w a n t e d . v i s i t o r

They were all still running on adrenaline. A few of the guild's members had dozed off in back hallways, but most were gathered in the main area when the sun had reached the sky again. For the most part, any wounds had been tended to by either Porlyusica, Wendy, or Amber. Laki and Kinanna trailed around with extra bandages and drinks for everyone. Last night's attack had been a surprise, but it proved to be nothing that they couldn't handle. However, that was also a train of thought that they couldn't let themselves fall down as they moved forward.

"We've managed to fend off the first wave of attacks." Master stood before everyone with the First Master at his side. "However, the fact remains that we're facing enemy forces coming at us from every direction."

"That's true, but now we have support from every other guild in Fiore."

Droy easily agreed with his best friend, "No worries with them in the fight. We got this!"

"Hold on."

The First Master's tone was heavy as she began to speak. "This is a matter for Fairy Tail to resolve. I had hoped to keep our fellow guilds out of this confrontation."

Everyone began looking between each other, but the large Dragon Slayer who sat at the bar behind her had other thoughts in mind.

"That kind of attitude is only gonna get us killed, ya know?"

Verani's shoulders sagged at her brother's choice of words, 'Way to read the mood, Laxus?'

"Ishgar's getting turned into a warzone, so every guild on its soil has to fight." His words were clear, but none as heavy as his next statement, "And as for me, I'll start by stompin' the guy that attacked the Thunder Legion."

And Verani shared a similar sentiment. She had been the first one to reach Kardia Cathedral after the explosion. Ichiya had been able to explain what had happened as they waited for more help to get them all back to the guild, but she had dug them all free of the rubble first. She was the only one who had seen them laid out like that, protecting Ichiya and each other.

"I believe Laxus makes a valid point, First Master." Makarov stood with his arms crossed, "We should accept help from the other guilds with gratefulness in our hearts, and devise a new strategy accordingly." His attention elsewhere in the room, "Warren, give me a situation report."

"I'm on it, Master!"

But the Eighth Master's words did little to ease the discomfort in the spectral blonde's chest. Deep down, she didn't even want to get Fairy Tail involved in a problem that should have only been hers.

"This is just how things have to be."

She turned to see that Kia had calmly walked over to stand beside her. A look in her onyx eyes that clearly told the blonde what she was going to say before she even continued, "If we went by the logic of keeping others out of this, it would be up to you and me to fight Alvarez on our own."

Mavis exhaled in a bit of defeat, "I suppose you make a good argument."

And just like that, their conversation was back to the details at hand.

"What do you think his next move will be?"

"There are a few options," Mavis explained, "but it will be based on what information he took from last night's fight. He was only testing our strength."

Kia sighed to herself, "I figured as much."

"On the subject of strength, will you still be able to change the book this morning?"

"After my stunt last night," the pinkette paused to gauge the recovery speed of her magic power, "yeah. I didn't take any real damage, so I've been focusing my regeneration solely on my magic."