55 : g o d . s l a y e r

Amber was not the biggest fan of Verani's idea to letting her take on one of the Spriggan 13 on her own, but she had to admit that the blonde had also made a decent decision based on the circumstances. Their job was to close the breach in the barrier to keep anyone else from getting into Magnolia. If she could get that done, she could then join her friend in taking down this new enemy without worrying about someone coming at them from inside or anyone else getting past them.

Verani was crackling with two-toned lightning as a gentle wind seemed to flow off of her.

Her opponent blinked a few times in her direction. Alexa grumbled as her shoulders sagged, "Not only are you not going to let me through, you're going to go all out, aren't you?"

"Drop that stupid attitude," V growled, "Like hell I'd let you attack my home."

The purple-haired mage shrugged, "It's your funeral."

In that instant, her golden eyes snapped open as her own magic power surged. She threw her arm forward as golden light formed in her hand, extending long enough for her to span the distance, "Solar Whiplash!"

Verani flipped to the side with a newfound gracefulness that almost made it seem as if she weren't fully touching the ground. But Alexa didn't wait, pulling the radiant whip back and lashing out again. Quickly figuring out that her opponent wasn't going to just give her an opening, Verani turned so that she was cartwheeling more than just flipping out of the way, able to point a finger in the purple-haired mage's direction.

"Flash Bolt!"

Alexa redirected her lashes, using the glowing whip to deflect the shots so she wouldn't have to move, "I knew I should have traded with Serena.

"Storm Torrent!"

This time, she knew that her whip would not be enough to block the chain of angry clouds sparking in her direction. Disgruntled, Alexa jumped out of the way, whining. "Hey! I'm trying not to run around that much!"

"Tough," Verani half-growled as her magic cloaked her entire being. Using her Lightning Body, she zipped across the distance, charging up her fist. "Striking Knu-!"

But Alexa had seen it coming. "Solar God Howl!"

The blonde's lightning shifted from gold to blue, her new magic enhancing her speed enough to fully dodge the attack that was literally spat in her direction. She clenched her teeth as she slid to a stop, letting the cloak flicker out as the lightning still gently rolled along her skin.

"I guess that explains what kind of magic you use."

"What about it?" Alexa yawned, "If that's all you wanted to know, are we done here? I just want to report back after we win so I can sleep."

"Is bitching the only thing you know how to do?" V growled. This woman wasn't taking a second of this fight seriously yet and she could feel it. There was no doubt in her mind that the purple-haired bimbo had much more magic than she did. Even without the warning from the guild hall, she would have been able to figure out that Alexa was one of the Spriggan.

Said Spriggan shrugged, "Well no, but there really isn't a point wasting my power on you."

"Why you...." Verani shot a hand forward, trying to focus her mind on what Ren had taught her and not the annoyance running through her veins. She pulled at the air hanging around her naturally as she formed it into a launching force for the rocks around them. "Aerial Shot!"

||~x~||

Master Mavis hadn't given her the greenlight to go help anyone yet, even Erza, and that was driving Kia a little bit insane. Then it felt like things got a dozen times worse when the sandstorm started. It gave the Phoenix Slayer some insight into the conditions of at least two of the fights. Ajeel was not making things easy for Erza and her friends hadn't been able to patch the hole in Freed's enchantment yet.