9 : d r a g o n . s l a y e r s

"And just like that, the tide of battle has turned once again!"

The voice of the announcer pulled Kia from her thoughts. She watched as Sting and Rogue fell from their small crater in the wall, face planting the ground. Raising to their feet, she could see Sting's mouth moving before his whole body began to glow, producing a blinding light.

"I can barely see the arena! What's happening, Mr. Yajima?"

"That kid is focusing every ounce of his magic power all onto one spot."

Verani covered her eyes grumbling, "Shouldn't that be obvious?"

Kia squinted as she tried to make out what was happening below, picking up Sting's shouts, "Here it comes, Natsu! Dragon Slayer Secret Art, Holy Nova!"

Amber and V stared on anxiously, but turned to look at Kia when she only sighed.

"Aren't you worried about him?"

The Phoenix Slayer shook her head at V's question, "Neither of them have really been using their magic yet."

They thought about what she had said, realizing what she meant as the announcer started up again. "The dust is clearing. Is he-?" Even though his gasp was small, Kia still heard it. "Wow! Fairy Tail's Natsu stopped that awesome attack with just one hand!"

Sting looked just as shocked as the announcer and everyone else in the stands, except a handful from Fairy Tail. Kia hadn't been the only one to notice her brother's actions during this fight.

"Any comments? I'm not sure what to make of this!"

Natsu and Gajeel knocked the Twin Dragons down again before Mr. Yajima could respond, "They're on a whole different level now."

Verani turned completely in her seat to face her pink-haired friend, "Are you telling me neither one of them has gotten serious yet?"

"No. They are serious." Kia shook her head, her eyes never leaving the arena floor below, "They're just actually gauging their opponent and responding instead of diving in head first."

The blonde shivered, "Why do I find that more terrifying than them just being destructive?"

"Because they could probably take you in a fight if they used their heads for more than headbutting the enemy," Amber chuckled.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Kia held a hand up to stop them as Sting and Rogue stood to their feet again. Though the announcer had started talking again, there was a strange energy signature flickering through the magic of the Twin Dragons.

"If I wasn't watching it with my own two eyes, I wouldn't believe it! Sabertooth's Twin Dragons are completely at the mercy of Fairy Tail's Dragon Slayers! Will the match end with Sabertooth face down in the dirt?"

"I already pointed out the fact that Dragon Slayers trump Dragons." Verani mumbled.

"This isn't over yet."

"What do you mean, Kia?"

"Just watch."

On cue, Sting and Rogue both started glowing again, but their magic increase felt different. Even to those who weren't able to feel out souls with their magic, they could feel the raw power that was coming off the pair. Kia's eyes widened as she recognized now only the type of power it was, but the scales that had appeared on their bodies.

"They can activate it at will..." the words slipped from her lips almost inaudibly.

The blonde Dragon Slayer stepped forward, gesturing for his partner to hang back.