Chapter 25- Taking Over

I woke up face down in my pillows. I pushed myself up and all I could taste was cotton. I rubbed my eyes lazily as I slid off the bed and padded over to the bathroom. I looked into the mirror at myself. I looked god damned awful. Well at least the size of the bags underneath the eyes had decreased in size. I gave a heavy sigh.

I looked down at my body still dressed in the clothes from the nights before. I watched as a bronze and silver haze enveloped me changing my jean and top into a knee length black skater dress. On my feet was a pair of black lace pumps and a large gold necklace with green emeralds sat snugly on my collar bone. I combed my fingers through my long black hair smoothing it out into a presentable sight. I sighed and entered the world of the living with a single click.

I closed my room door behind me. As I walked towards the living room I began to hear loud mental and verbal voices.

“Where is she?” Clint asked boyishly, almost impatient.

“I said she was a sleep.” Eric’s voice was strong but it was obvious that Clint may have been asking this same question for the last hour.

“I’m sure she’d want to be here for this.” Bruce said with a smile in his voice. Why was he so happy?

“So do I.” the last voice was mental, and it made my heart clench. I ran towards the living room. I kicked off my flats as they impaired my running. The automatic door welcomed my arrival; I skidded into the center of the room and gasped.

Tears welled up in my eyes, my heart skipped a beat and everything came tumbling down. You know the usual clichés.

Tony sat there smiling at me, his white teeth showing in a big, “Are you surprised?” grin. He stood up from the sofa and grabbed a thin metallic walking stick that had been resting next to him on the sofa. Tears spilled over the edge of my eyes. He was here, he didn’t have a single visible scratch or bruise on him, and the black eyes he once possessed were now gone leaving clear tanned skin. His legs were obviously much better as I watched him slowly but surely walk towards me.

I took a few stepped forward and met him half way there. Everyone was silent in the room as we stood toe to toe.

“You’re ok?” I questioned with a wavering voice, another tear crawled its way out of my eye, and trailed down my face. Tony reached out and caught the tear before it dropped off my jaw.

“Not without you help, both in the tower and in the medical bay. Jarvis showed me what you did, before you healed me I had an eleven per cent chance of waking back up out of that induced coma, and a three per cent chance of walking on my own again.” I smiled at him through quivering lips, my chest constricted and my heart hammered against the small space left leaving an almost unbearable pain.

“When you kissed me, my odds were automatically raised. Eighty-seven per cent chance of waking up, and ninety-one per cent chance of walking unassisted. Liberty I heard everything you said to me in the infirmary, you we’re right about what you said. What you did helped me a lot.” Tony wrapped his arms around me; he leaned against me as I wrapped my arms around him. I heard someone sniff and looked to see Clint running his hands over his eyes trying to stop the tears. I chuckled into Tony’s shirt as Clint scowled at me with tear filled eyes.