Chapter 22- America's Patriotic Hero

Logan's heat slammed against his rib cage, and echoed through mine, as the memories receded back into my own tortured mind. I pulled my lips away from Logan's and just stood there my eyes level with his stubble covered chin. His arms stayed tightly wrapped around me, as his heart beat slowed to a gently thud.  I stood there staring at the dark stubble waiting for him to say something, anything. I felt like I was being silently judged as I stood there in his arms. I knew I was a monster, something unclean, but for once I wanted to hear someone else say it.

He never did.

He just removed his arms from around me, removing the living cage, removing any sort of comfort. He sighed and scratched the back of his head as he took a large step away from me. He looked past me, instead of looking me dead in the eye, it was then, and action spoke louder than words. He couldn't even look at me, I was a monster. He never had to say it, I just knew.

He left the room with nothing but his footsteps behind him. I stood there not in shock but in understanding. I wasn't the only one who thought I was a monster.

I moved myself without even thinking to the edge of the bed, and stared at the sun spot on my room floor and watched as it moved growing orange in colour. I had spent hours just sitting there, I ignored each knock, each call or mention of my name, until the orange sun glared in my eyes. I blinked away pained tears as my pupils constricted into pin pricks. I blinked a few times and looked around me then to the window where the setting sun was half way concealed by the watery horizon.

I looked around my room to notice a tablet with a small silver ear piece, sat on a small night stand next to the head of my bed. I picked up the ear piece and slid it into my ear pressing the small button on the side.

"Hello?" I questioned the ear piece, as I knocked on the tablet. The glass tablet knocked on with a welcome screen, reading "Stark Industries." I nodded and stared down at the tablet.

"Hello Miss Davis, how may I help you?" I continued to look down at the tablet, and then looked into the small camera at the top of the screen which now had a small blue light glowing inside of it.

"Hello Jarvis, are you linked to this tablet." I asked, suddenly the screen pulled up multiple search windows, weather forecasts and recent news headlines.

"Yes I am Miss Davis." I nodded, I needed to do something, but I needed Jarvis full disclosure. I needed to trust him.

"Jarvis I need your help, but I need your full disclosure. You cannot tell Bruce, Clint, Natasha, Eric or Logan about this." I sat there in silence, waiting for Jarvis' answer.

"What may I help you with Miss Davis?" I smiled at the camera and nodded to reassure myself.

"I need to know the current location of Steve Rodgers." Suddenly the screen flashed before me with multiple CCTV videos, photographic stills and maps with pin pointed locations.

"At this moment Mr. Rodgers is living in Washington, DC in a secure residence given to him by Nick Fury." Jarvis pulled up at map with a tagged address. I zoomed in so that I could see the building. It was bland, unsuspecting and blended right in.

"Jarvis what is the fastest way to get to Washington DC?" Jarvis pulled up multiple routs and means of getting to Washington, DC.

"The fastest conventional way of travel is by place, which would take one hour and fifteen minutes." I watched as Jarvis pulled up place tickets for the next flight to Washington DC.

"But there are also more unconventional methods, which would prove faster." I raised an eye brow at the camera and smirked.

"What unconventional Methods?"