Chapter 15- Catch Me

The world slowed as the First bomb detonated.

At the second in which my eyes left Eric's pale blue eyes, the world we were once so preoccupied with, suddenly shattered around us. Windows shattered around us, hailing broken shards over our bodies, as the force slammed us onto the trembling ground beneath us. I was deft, as silence rang through me, and blood trickled from my ears. I looked across the broken floor of the bar we inhabited to see Eric lying unconscious next to me, blood tricked down from his hair line over his cheek. I moved over to Eric and pulled pieces of shattered glass and concrete away from his body. His skin was slashed with pieces of glass some still embedded in his bloody and pale skin, I slowly pulled pieces of blood glass from his skin, and his unconscious body didn't move or twitch as I pulled the pieces of glass deep from within skin. I brushed away his white hair from his closed eyes to see the deep wound pouring blood from his hair line.

I couldn't leave him here to bleed, I looked around me then down at the unconscious body of Eric Lehnsherr.

I pressed my lips hard against his, they were cold and bloody. I pressed my lips harder against his as his heart began to hammer harder in his chest, and as the flowing blood floated away like ashes in the air. Soon his skin began to knit back together as if he was never injured. I finally pulled my lips away from him leaving him unconscious but much more alive.

I couldn't hear anything except the faint mumbling of mental voices. As I tried to stand up from the rubble my body tried to force me back down. I knew my inner ear was damaged, as I crawled towards the broken bar window and pushed my body over the wooden windowsill. I screamed as broken pieces of glass dug into my body as I fell onto the cool concrete below the window. My whole world turned and twisted around me as my balance was grounded. I breathed heavily, as blood pooled beneath me, but soon the mental voices of panic and chaos soon grew louder and more and more desperate. I covered my ears only to feel the dripping blood cease and turn to ash in my hand. I looked up into the sky to finally see the devastation this city faced. I stood up from the cool concrete and saw the remnants of Stark tower in flames, I slowly began to walk forward, as pieces of iron and glass fell from the very top of Stark tower in a blazing glory.

I pulled the pieces of glass from my skin as I began to run towards Stark tower. Blood poured from my skin staining my clothes black as they became saturated but nothing in the world could stop me running. My feet slammed against the broken concrete, as I Mental screamed called for me to help.

I didn't know where to turn people screamed for help, in a sea of voices, but I couldn't hear a single one. But through the ocean of chaos one call stood out, one voice so clear he could have been standing next to me.

"Liberty..." It was so quiet, a whisper but the voice was unmistakable.

"Bruce?" I answered back as I continued to run, my heart hammered against my rib cage as I desperately tried to reach them.

"Liberty, Tony's trapped I can't help him, if I let out the hulk this whole place could go down, and there's another problem." I ran faster as I wiped away tears that lashed at my skin.

"Bruce what is it?" I waited and waited for his answer. But nothing came.

I panicked and ran faster through the destruction ridden streets. Soon I stood at the foot of Stark towers amongst the rubble. I walked forward and planted a booted foot against the glass paneled tower wall. I soon felt my whole gravitation pull shift. I quickly ran up the broken iron and shattered glass structure to reach Bruce and Tony, suddenly a huge piece of iron and concrete swung towards me. I latched onto it and swung myself up higher. I continued to run, as I reached the Burning hub of Stark tower.