Chapter 7- She Tore My Mind Apart

The tour was short and sweet. There was a total of three rec rooms, a basketball court, a sports hall, a training hall, training fields, class rooms and too many to count boarding rooms. I sighed as we stood in one of the three rec rooms. All the students had vacated to their class rooms, so now all I could hear was fain mumbling. I pulled down my hood and looked around me, the whole place looked the same large oak panels covered the walls, the furniture had the same style and the laminate flooring and carpet was all the same.

I looked up at Logan who pulled a cut cigar from his pocket, and chomped it between his sharp teeth. I sighed, and rolled my eyes away and looked outside to see the mutant students out on one of the training fields, practicing their powers. I couldn’t see me as a student here, but I also couldn’t see myself as a mentor. I sighed and continued to look out over the practicing students.

“You seem to be sighing a lot kid.” I quickly twisted around and looked at Logan who was smirking at me. I was about to sigh, then stopped causing me to take a deep inward breath. I shrugged, and leaned against the windowsill.

“I can’t see me getting on well with many people.” Naturally I was awkward, couldn’t help it. I’m damn near thirty (Twenty-seven to be exact) and I only just looked twenty-one. Logan chuckled and pulled his cigar out from between his teeth.

“How comes kid?” I sighed and looked down at the wooden floor.

“I’ve been alone for over six years, I’m not used to people yet.” Logan nodded and shoved his cigar back into his mouth.

“Fair enough kid.” I shook my head causing strands of my long black hair to float around my face.

“You need to stop calling me kid.” Logan raised an eye brow and smirked at me, causing a small smirk to curl up on my lips.

“Why how old are you?” I smiled and brushed a few strands of hair away from my eye line.

“Guess.” I said with a coy smile. He chuckled and tapped his forefinger against his stubble covered chin.

“From the way you look I’m gonna go for about twenty-one, maybe twenty-two. But I guess you’re older than that.” I nodded and smiled lightly at him.

“I’m twenty-seven year’s old Logan.” Logan’s eyes widened by a fraction, he then gave a long whistle, and then chuckled.

“Would never have guessed Liberty.” He scratched the back of his head, and then shook it. I sighed, and smiled at Logan. Who was still looking at me with wide eyes.

“Loki’s soul stopped me from aging.” Logan nodded, and gave me a confused look.

“I’m gonna guess this whole thing between you and Loki is complicated.” I chuckled and made a gesture with two fingers.

“Just a little bit.” Logan chuckled and scratched the back of his head again. He shook his head, and smirked at me.

“Do I even want to ask?” I smiled weakly, as my chest became tight and my breathing shallow.

“I know you do, but I don’t want you to.” I said quietly. The smile my lips possessed had now faded into a tight line, as my chest soon relaxed allowing me to breathe normally. The atmosphere had grown tense, as Logan stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. 

“I’m sorry.” I said quietly, as I moved quickly past Logan, who continued to look confused and shocked.

It was a terribly bad idea coming here. I wasn’t ready for people yet. My heels struck against the hardwood floor, as I quickly walked through the school halls. I slammed open the two large mahogany doors blocking my exit, welcoming the dim light of a storm ridden sky. I took in a labored breath, feeling the weight of it in my lung made my chest constrict. I looked around me, wishing to see the quiet and lonely world I had lived in for six years. I wasn’t ready to be here, not yet. I sighed and looked forwards to see the long road leading towards the train station.

“I wouldn’t leave if I we’re you.” I twisted around to see the woman Logan had shown me. She stood there just behind my shoulder. A black blindfold tided tightly over where her eyes should be, her name was Ruth Aldine.

“Why wouldn’t you leave, if you we’re me?” She gave me a small smile and stood by my side turning her head to where I was looking.

“You know why.” I nodded and looked at her, I knew the bare bones of the situation. I didn’t know the magnitude of what was about to happen.

“I want to know what you saw Ruth.” She moved her head her face facing mine she spoke with a serious tone, a distance away from her much bubblier tones much earlier.

“I’m glad you asked.” And with that her hand grasped mine, as she tore my mind apart.