Chapter 34- Valkyrie

I leaned over the circular portal allowing me to see the violence and carnage below, but did not allow those below to see back. There she was charging into battle like a Valkyrie, she would choose who lived and died. Bullet nor blade could hold back the wave of raw rage that poured from her. I looked won at my beautiful bride to be with eyes full of pride and wickedness. These she was, sceptre in hand, the blood of her enemies dripped off her skin like sweat. Her blade sliced through their armour like it was nothing more than air. My horned helmet sat proudly on top of her head, a symbol of me as well as her, a symbol of unity.

A bullet slammed into her chest causing her to stumble I grabbed the edges of the vision hoping, the past would not repeat. She bared her teeth as there was no blood spilt only ash that floated away from her seething form. She ran towards the enemy hand ready for combat, her bladed sceptre sliced across his body, allowing him one last bloodcurdling cry of pain as she wrapped her hand around his neck. He couldn't utter a word as he lifted him from the ground and drained his life away. Her electrical powers flowed from her and disabled him, burning him from the inside. His eyes grew bloody and blood gargled and poured from his mouth.

She was magnificent.

She threw his limp body away from her into another enemy, she vanished away the sceptre and in place she held a silver bladed katana. Her electrical powers joined with the blade, I watched as it crackled with untapped energy, now to be unleashed.

She threw the katana like javelin, spearing her victim, as the victim kneeled to the ground more assailants attacked her. Her bare hands punched, choked and tore at her enemies; she grew closer and closer to the X-Men. James Logan Howlett screamed out for her as he sliced through member after member of this Hydra horde trying to reach her. She looked over her armour clad shoulder and ran toward him.

I ran towards Logan as his claws slashed through Hydra flesh like ribbons. My bare fist crackled with potential electrical energy as I slammed it up into the jaw of a Hydra agent discharging hundreds of volts into him. I twisted around, and pushed my katana blade into another Hydra agent as he got ready to aim. A bullet slammed into my shoulder from another agent as I pulled my blade out of the dead body in front of me.

Logan and I met back to back in the middle of the mass horde. His claws there dripping with thick coagulating blood, while my clothes became saturated with the warm, deep red, life giving fluid. I snarled as they grew closer, my katana morphed into a doubled bladed sceptre fit for any Asgardien warrior. I made my stance wide and grasped the weapon with both hands. I rushed forward and swung out, the glinting blade sliced through them, leaving a trail of screams and blood. I looked at Logan over my shoulder and saw him being shot, I wanted to call out but all I earned was a screams. I looked down to see a combat knife draw through my collar bone and through my chest. I grabbed the man's arm and twisted it violently until the bone gave way, eliciting screams of pain. I twisted the arm against dislocating it from the socket. I pulled the knife out of my gutted body and with sharp precision drew the ash covered blade across his throat.

Suddenly a bullet slammed into the back of my knee, I saw deep red blood pour from the wound. I twisted around and saw him again, the man with the slicked back hair, my so called saviour. I ran towards him. He fired off a shot again, slamming into my ribs causing me to spit up blood, but I just ran. As I drew closer all I saw in his eyes was pure panic as I smirked with bloody lips. I jumped high and raised my doubled bladed weapon high. The blade sliced through the air and through him from chin to pelvis. I drew my weapon from his pitiful body and kicked him down. Blood flowed like a river as he tried to raise his gun. Blood gargled as he tried to speak.

"Don't speak, there isn't any use now." His lips suddenly twisted into a smirked as blood flowed out of his mouth.

"There will be other men like me; there will always be men like me." I raised my booted foot and slammed it down on his head, as my blood poured from my mouth, I screamed into the broken skull as I pulled out each bullet. I clutched them hard and felt them disintegrate into a bronze and silver haze vanishing them into the ether.