Chapter 33- The Bleeding

The sun had set hours ago. We had all gone our separate ways, each with a smile on our faces. Everything felt normal, which was something I hadn't felt in a long time. I sighed as I pulled away my white halter neck dress and allowed it to pool around my ankles. Now the sun had set the air had become cold and stagnant. I shivered and pulled a simple black flannel vest top over my head and pulled a pair of skinny blue jeans up my legs. I smiled as I looked in my reflection, the joy I had felt today radiated off me like the sun, I had a glow to my skin I hadn't seen since...Loki.

I looked down at my phone. I only had a few contacts, but now it was full of new names, some nicely gave themselves the titles of friends, and Remy nicely changed Eric's mobile number to Boyfriend which I smirked at. I changed it back to friend, I was about to turn off my phone when suddenly it vibrated. I pressed the message button and found a message from Eric. I looked down at it warily.

"Hello Liberty." I smiled down at the simple text and answered back

"Hello Eric." I pressed send and sat on the edge of my bed and waited for any further conversation.

"Are you still awake?" I smiled at his question and nodded to myself.

"Yes, I'm guessing you are." I gave a small chuckle as this and once again waited. His answer as quick.

"Good assumption, how are you feeling?" I shrugged to myself and smiled down at the text screen.

"I'm feeling tired, but not tired enough to go to sleep. You?" I sent the text and looked out of my bed room window to see the sapphire blue sky glinting with wide, bright stars.

"I feel good, I enjoyed our "Talk"." I looked won at the phone and blushed. My heart rate suddenly sparked, all because of our talk. I didn't know how to answer back, should I say something, or just leave it? I placed my phone on standby and slipped it into my front pocket as I stood up from my bed.

I sighed and looked out of my window, to see the darkness of the tree line and the bright moon reflecting ocean shimmering. I pulled my hair up and tied it with a simple black band, as I looked out of the grounds of Xavier's School for the talented. I smiled at my reflection in the glass of the window. But like everything, it all ends in the blink of an eye.

The glass window shattered, as the bullet tore through the still night air, and carved through my shoulder. I screamed out as another bullet tore through those floating glass fragments and slammed into my bicep. I looked down at my body to see blood seeping saturating my black flannel shirt and dripping from my arm. I fell backwards onto my plush carpet already becoming saturated with my blood. I could hear the muffle firing of guns, and the distant verbal and mental screams of children fleeing for their lives, and here I was dying. Suddenly one of those screams of silenced, by a bullet.

I darted up from the blood soaked ground. As hard as my body tried to could not stop the bleeding, I could not heal. Blood dripped from my mouth as shards of glass that once were like paper cut stabbed deep into my torso, twisting and gouging. I clawed my way from my door; I could feel each drop of blood drop onto the grounds as children barged past me trying to get to safety. I spat out thick black blood as I slowly pulled myself through the desolate halls.

I looked out to see, Hydra solider advancing on the school. I choked up blood as I ran as fast I physically could from the scene of devastation. I pulled the shards of glass from my body, as with each step they carved deeper into my skin. Suddenly I felt buzzing against my thigh. I retreated into the tree line and pulled my phone from my jean pocket to find a new text.

"I'm at the Cliff with Logan, the children we could save have been evacuated, were waiting for you." I pushed through the forest as my bare feet slammed into splintered wood and broken glass as I tried to find Eric and Logan. I looked down at my phone as the Cliffs came into sight. Then the feeling a déjà vu overcame my scenes.