Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven

I watched the steam curl and slither over the still surface of the bath. I slowly lowered myself into the bath causing ripples to glide across the mirror like surface of the water. My head rolled back as my eye closed. I sighed blissfully as my tense and grease covered body began to unknot and relax underneath the scalding water. I gave a pleasured groan, as I rested my arm on the edge of the tub and slid deeper into the hot water. I ran my fingers over the now still surface of the water and watched the ripples dance.

The grease faded away from my body and to the surface of the water, leaving a faint iridescent sheen to the water. I grabbed the soap from the small white porcelain dish on the edge of the bath, and began to run the bar across my body, pulling away multiple layers of dirt and grim from my body which once belonged to that wreckage I had become entangled in.

As I lay there beneath the iridescent sheen, in the now cold water. I watched the sheen slither across the water with the convection current. I sighed and splayed a hand out from beneath the water and watched the grease detach itself from the surface of the water. I slowly curled my hand into a loose fist forming the grease into a sphere. I stepped up and out of the bath and onto the plush bath mat that lay beneath my feet.

My toes curled and relaxed as I grabbed the white plush towel from the railing and wrapped it around my body. I looked over to see the sphere of iridescent liquid suspended above the bath water. I telekinetically pulled the bath plug and let go of the sphere and watched as it dropped heavily into the bath. I closed the bathroom door behind me and sighed as I walked into my newly acquired room.

It had the same charm as the rest of them, the same geometry, the same layout, it was exactly the same. I sighed and sat down on the edge of my bed. Jean had been nice enough to give me it after seeing me in the dining room.

"Liberty?" I looked up from the wood grain I was tracing on the mahogany dining table, and saw Jean Grey standing there. I smiled up at her; the newly acquired skin on my face felt tight and alien as I smiled as did the healed eye I looked out of.

"What happened to you?" I looked down at myself as saw my ripped gym clothes and grease blackened skin. I sighed and stood up, I finally saw the full extent, the shirt was useless, and it barely covered any of my skin, and fully revealed the hidden scar that lined my stomach.

"Training with Eric, that's what happened." Jean's eyes widened in shock as she stepped forward.

"I take it things aren't going so well with you and Eric then?" I shook my head and looked back down at my body. That was an understatement; he had thrown a car at me completely rendering me crippled for a few good minutes.

"Well we're not together if that's what you mean." I really didn't want to talk right now, I had nowhere to go, the room I was sharing with Eric was a no go. I couldn't bear to face him, he had humiliated me, but never mind that I had shown him what he feared. I had shown him that I was more powerful than he was.

"Liberty you don't have to go back to Eric's room." I looked at Jean with wide eyes who just smiled kindly at me.

"It's hard not to hear you thinking when you're mentally shouting." My mouth made an o shape causing her to chuckle. I keep forgetting how strong on a telepath she is. I sighed and looked at her with soft eyes.

"Where am I meant to go?" she smiled and pulled out a large bundle of keys. Each had a room number engraved on the handle on the key. She ran her fingers through the key and pulled one off. She handed it to me and smiled.

"All the rooms are the same across the school. It's in the west wing of the school far away from anyone. I won't tell people where you are unless it's urgent." I held the key in the palm of my hand and gently cured my fingers around it.