Chapter 6- New Home

Logan pulled his mobile phone away from his ear, as the call ended.

"Were getting the train from here to the station closest to the school. Then they'll pick us up." I nodded, and pulled my hood further over my head, as Logan wandered out onto Main Street, leaving me with the unconscious body of Remy Lebeau. I sighed and hug myself as I stood there waiting for him. It was quiet here. I could still here the buzz of mental thoughts belonging to the citizens of New York, but it was much quieter. Suddenly a horn blasted welcoming the sight of a yellow taxi cab. Logan stepped out of it and walked over to me.

"I'll get Remy, you get in the cab." I nodded quickly and slipped into the back seat. The taxi driver looked over his seat as Logan shoved Remy into the leather seat beside me.

"Is he ok?" I looked at Remy and saw him slightly snoring.

"He's got narcolepsy he'll be awake soon." Logan slammed his taxi door behind him. As me and the unconscious in the back seat,

"Where to?" Logan pulled out another cocktail stick and slipped it between his teeth.

"Grand Central station bub." The man nodded and began to drive. I sighed and looked down at my feet, as we all sat there in a comfortable silence.

Gambit was still out cold. Nobody asked questions why he was unconscious, probably because no one cared. We were traveling towards The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. I sat there with my hood up shadowing my face. I shoved my hand into my pocket and conjured my headphones and phone. I pushed them into my ears and pressed play. Logan was chewing on another cocktail stick as he sat there with his hat brim low and wearing his thick leather jacket. I turned up the volume, as more people poured onto the stationary train.

Their heads were filed with idle nonsense which was going to make my nose bleed. I leaned my head back as I felt the amounting pressure on my nose, then it happened. I felt the warm blood run from my nose and over my lips; I could still hear their thoughts over my music. I turned it up again as I wiped away the steadily flowing blood. This is why I lived in the Lake District for a few years, to avoid placed like this, where there was always mental chatter even when there was verbal silence. Logan lifted up the brim of his hat and without a word and moved from the opposite side of the table, and next to me. It was much harder to get into his head making him much quieter, mentally. His Adamantium skull blocked his thoughts and others as he gridlocked them away from me. I would call it blissful, but it was as close as it would get. I smiled up at him, causing him to give a polite smirk back flashing his pointed canines. I sighed and kept my sleeve pressed up against my nose.

Soon I pulled it away to see a large black mark on it, I pattered my top lip to feel if there wasn't any blood still flowing, only to feel dry flakes underneath my fingertips. I wiped them away and sighed, as soon the last of the passengers clambered into the cabin. The speaker gave a muffed sentence and then the train began to move. I looked down at my phone and skipped to the next song, "Stand my ground by within temptation." I closed my eyes and relaxed as Gambit twitched in his unconscious sleep opposite me and Logan.

The silence between us was mutual. I knew about what he knew about his history, through that single glimpse into him mind, and he hadn't bothered to ask about my past, which I was glad about. Soon the song changed, "radioactive by Imagine Dragons ft. Kendrick Lamar." I smiled and leaned back in my seat. Logan had his arms tightly folded as he kept his head low. Soon gambit began to stir, his mental mumblings began to peak, as he began to ask questions. All in French.

"Où suis-je?" Where am I?

"Comment ai-je ici?" how did I get here? I sighed as Gambit shook his head and scowled at me. I pulled out my earphone and waited for him to speak,