Chapter 12- Returning to New York

I could not stop the memories pouring from my mind. I felt myself plunge the dagger into my body, the warm blood and the torn flesh. I could feel the warmth of Loki’s soul as he damned himself for me. I can remember the first thing I saw with my new eyes, it was him, and it was always him.

Loki.

But soon I could feel Magnus’ own memories seep into mine. I saw his family slaughter. I tried to push away from him, but he wouldn’t let go of my mind. I had no control over what Magnus now saw. His name was Max Eisenhardt, he was forced to work for the Nazi’s in Auschwitz, and he met his wife there. They escaped, but were hunted, he had a child. Then all I saw was flames and a small child’s scream.

Oh God it was so loud! Her screams were unbearable!

Please just stop!

He unleashed his powers against the humans, slaughtering them. His wife ran, ran away from the monster he saw. He became Eric Lehnsherr. His life was filled with death and destruction that never seemed to cease. All I could see was the ruthlessness in this man; all I saw was his hate for human kind, and his destructive nature. But behind it all stood his violent beginning. He had faced his death multiple times and survived, but now and again through the barrage of violence, I saw his human side. His more humane and benevolent side.

My heart slammed against my ribs, as soon the visions began to slow until I came to now. I tipped my head back pulling my lips from Magnus’. I kept my eyes closed for a few seconds. I soon realized that I had been crying. My lips were slightly swollen, and when my opened my eyes more tears flowed from them. Magnus looked down at me with cold grey eyes, studying me waiting for my reaction.

“You got what you wanted.” My voice was stern and unwavering. I had made me suffer through all that death and destruction which he caused. I went to step around him, only for him to grab my hand between his two. I looked at our hands, his were warm comforting, and mine trembled slightly from the aftershocks of his memories.

“I saw everything Liberty.” I didn’t look away from our hands as he spoke.

“I saw you die, twice. I saw you and Loki…” he trailed off as I looked up into is darkening eyes.

“He’s your husband.” I nodded and took in a deep breath. I expected him to let go of my hands but he didn’t, he kept a firm yet gentle grip on them. I looked away from his strong piercing gaze, as my heart continued to hammer in my chest.

“I saw everything too.” He nodded, now I gently slipped my hand from his. I couldn’t stand there, and pretend that I hadn’t seen the things I’d seen. My hands trembled as the images of that night flashed before my eyes. I screwed my eyes closed, and took in a shaky breath.

“I saw what you did to those people Magnus. You slaughtered them.” I growled out. I turned my back to him. My heart hammered in my chest for an all too different reason now, as those violent and bloody images flashed across my vision. My chest quickly rose and fell with the rage I felt.

“You have no idea what you are talking about.”  I shook my head and continued looking at the ground.