Chapter 4- Bruce Banner

I didn’t hear Logan’s footsteps following me, but I did hear a much quieter pair following me. At first it wasn’t suspicious but when I started to turn corners rapidly and the person continued to follow this is when it became unnerving. I twisted around to see a man in a large trench coat.

“Cher you really shouldn’t be wanderin’ about by yourself, especially not this late.” He suddenly conjured a purple flame between his thumb and forefinger and brought it up to his lips along with a cigarette.

“Now I know who you are, Madame Liberty, but you may not know who I am. I am…” I rolled my eyes and finished my sentence.

“You are Remy Lebeau AKA Gambit; you punched Tony Stark, so obviously I know who you are.” He flicked his finger extinguishing the flame between his fingers. His eyebrow rose slightly as he began to walk towards me.

“So you know why I’m here then cher.” He rose up a hand and reached behind his back, and pulled out a thin metal rod.

“You have two options here cher, you either come with me willingly or we duke it out, it’s your choice.” Suddenly heavy footsteps ran towards us, Remy quickly twisted around to view Logan breathing heavily.

“I said leave her alone Gambit.” Logan gruff voice traveled through the alley way. Gambit looked over his shoulder with his red eyes and smirked.

“Just a moment cher.” He quickly looked away from me and started to walk towards Logan.

“Scott heard what you had to say, but Ruth had another vision.” Logan walked forward and stood toe to toe with the fractionally taller Gambit.

“I don’t care what Scott has to say, if Liberty is naturally going to become a part of the X-men let it happen naturally, don’t force her into it.” Gambit placed his forefinger on his chin and gave a small chuckle.

“Sorry Logan I have my orders.” Gambit looked over his shoulder to me and smirked.

“This is when the fireworks start.” He pulled out four playing cards and soon they began to spark purple with energy. Suddenly he threw them at Logan causing an explosive impact with his chest.

Remy dusted his hands and twisted away from the unconscious form of the Wolverine and looked at me with his burning red eyes. He grabbed both ends of his telescopic staff and extended it.

“So what’s your choice cher, as you can see I’m quiet powerful, so if it’s a fight you want, then be ready to lose.” His smirk grew sinister. I looked at his telescopic bo staff and smirked.

“I’m afraid that I’m going to have to fight you Gambit.” He chuckled and released the potential energy of the Bo staff in bright purple sparks.

“Good I don’t like it when they give up so easily.” He ran forward and used his staff as a volt pole. I ran towards him, and slid underneath his airborne body. He looked at me and chuckled.