Chapter 27- Here At MIdnight

The last thing I saw before I woke up was that vision of my head lying in Eric’s lap, as I lay there ridged in pain and seriously unconscious. I slowly watched as a small crack of light bled into my line of sigh from between my eyelids. The light was dim, and had a red accent to it, I opened one eye open fully and felt the pain of my pupil constricting from the new source of light. My other eyes slowly copied the slow movements of my other eye. I blinked my eyes as my eyes adjusted to the light, I felt my pupils relax allowing more light to flood into my eyes.

I opened my eyes wide and looked around the room, this room was my room. I looked down at me and saw that I was dressed in a large white dress shirt. I nuzzled my nose into the collar of the shirt and took in a deep breath. I rubbed the delicate cotton of the shirt between my fingers, it was Eric’s, and there was no doubt. The small was musk, classic and very masculine. I shuffled up the bed and sat up to welcome the view of a small garden from my bed room window, the beautiful flowers and sapling trees were flooded by a red tint given to them by the sunset.

Suddenly the door of my room was pushed open, welcoming Eric. I didn’t say a word as he pushed a pair of wire frame glasses up his nose, and switched on a small bedside lamp on my right via a wall switch. He then moved towards the window and pulled the curtains across the sunset tainted scene.

He stood there staring at the sunset tainted garden, about the draw the curtains fully across the scene.

“Beautiful isn’t it.” I said quietly unsure of how dry my throat was. Eric suddenly twisted around, his eyes slightly wide with shock. I smiled slightly as he opened the curtains back up, I could see the natural light was fading making the flowers and trees cast strange elongated shadows.

“Thank you.” I whispered as I moved the cushions behind me so I could sit up comfortably. My muscles ached as I moved more and more. My movements were slow and calculating trying not to strain and cause myself anymore pain.

“When did you wake up?” Eric asked as he moved towards a chair that was place beside the right side of my bed. I looked into Eric’s storm grey eyes, his eyes held a deep intensity which scared me. I pulled my gaze from his and looked down at the cotton between my fingers.

“I woke up only few minutes ago Eric.” I saw him nod from the corner of my eye, as he sat comfortably in the love seat next to me. His heel rested on his knees and his hands gripping the ends of the arm rests.

It was odd knowing I was lying here in his shirt. I know this is not a normal thing people would do. Unless they were lovers. My heart picked up as I sat there protected by Eric’s shirt. I played with the bottom button of the shirt sliding it back and forth between fastened and unfastened.

“Why am I wearing you shirt Eric?” I said, this time my voice was louder than a whisper but it showed how broken my unused voice was. Eric sighed and leaned forward, he gave me a small smile as his eyes lingered over my body mapping out each crease in his shirt looking for my figure beneath the folds of fabric.

“I decided that it wasn’t best to keep you in your armored clothing when lying unconscious, so I looked for some of your own clothing and apparently you don’t have any.” I twisted the cotton fabric in my hands as Eric stared at me, waiting for me to say something.