Chapter 37- I Think It's Just Optimism

I woke up to the sound of the bedroom door closing. My eyes shot open to welcome the dark room, I reached out and found the switch to the bedside lamp. I flipped the switch, to find the curtains fully drawn, the dawn peaked out from the top of the curtains. I clutched the bed sheets to my chest, as I sat up. I drew my legs underneath me as I looked down to my other side to find the crumpled side of the bed where Eric once lay. I ran my hand over the area to find no warmth there. I sighed and looked around the room to find my armoured Asgardien clothing folded up neatly on his desk. I dropped the covers from my chest and padded quietly across the plush carpet. As I walked towards my armour a bronze and silver haze wrapped around me in a warm embrace.

My silk nightgown fell to the ground in a silver and bronze haze as a black thong became painted across my hips, as a matching lace bra jointed cupping my breasts comfortably. I stretched out arching my spine as a beautiful grey silk blouse with shimmer silver in the yellow glow of the lamp. I sighed as I pulled open the curtains of Eric's room to reveal the blinding sun. I squinted as the last few buttons of my high waisted black skinny jeans did themselves up. The haze moved to my feet raising me up by six inches as knee high matt black leather boots laced themselves up, acting like a second skin against my calves.

The haze quickly crawled back up my body and into my hair pulling it up in to a tendrils leaving my hair curly and messily pinned up I smiled as I walked towards the wardrobe mirror and watched as large black winged eyeliner lined my eyes and silver eyeshadow was lightly layered on my eyelids. I smiled as my lips turned that of a plum colour.

My heels were silent against the plush carpet as I felt my mobile phone materialize in my pocket and my ear phones snake into my ears as they began to blare music. I magnetically pulled open the door and slammed it hard behind me. My heels clacked against the hard wood floors with had been cleared of the harsh stabbing glass that I had experienced earlier this morning. I pulled out my phone and looked to see that it was only eight in the morning. I looked over my phone to see two students talking quietly to themselves.

I almost missed the overwhelming mental and verbal babble I heard each morning I was here. I sighed and gave the two male students a nod; each made eye contact with me and nodded back. I didn't see myself a better as anyone here, I wanted to give equal respect to those who gave respect, which seemed to be most students and teachers here.

I walked down the halls. As I past the dining hall, I saw Eric talking to Hank and Logan scowling at him. Jealous...maybe...just maybe. As I walked past I accidently caught Logan's eye, his eyes widened at me as I gave him a small smile. I brushed a small curl behind my eyes as I broke away my eye contact with those deep sky blue eyes.

As I continued to walk through the school I saw it slowly morph into a more high tech facility, I wandered into a lab with iron grapple bars struck across the ceiling; it was different to all the others. I looked around to find Hank's large glasses balanced on the edge of a desk. I looked up o see monitors that hung down from the ceiling and were purposefully inverted to be upside down.

I opened up my palm as the bullets that so nearly destroyed me and nearly killed Eric materialized in the palm of my hand. I placed tem neatly on Hank's desk, and looked around the room. A white board stood there. I grabbed the marker and pulled the lid off with my teeth. I held the cap between my teeth as I scrawled across the board.

"I need you to perform an analysis on these bullets. I will give you more information on them when you come to me with your results, from Liberty." I pushed the pen back into the cap and placed the pen back against the tray in the white board. I left the lab, and walked through the school, my earphone were firmly planted in my ears as I walked with my hips swaying to the music, as my heels hit the floor with a sharp clack.