Chapter 14- Vulnerability

I have had a few reactions to kisses, but this was a new one as I began to feel a buzzing against my thigh. I then noticed I was being held in a tight embrace by Logan. His eyes widened as he pulled his arms from around me and pulled his phone from his pocket. I brushed a piece of hair away from my face and conjured a hairband quickly tying the mess I called hair into a messy bun. Logan looked at me as he answered the phone call.

“Hello this Logan.” I stood there and slowly moved into his mind, allowing myself to listen to the other half of the conversation.

“Logan where are you? I asked out to retrieve Liberty over four hours ago.” Both I and Logan quickly felt resentment for the man on the other end of the phone. Logan gave a quick look at him phone and gave an animalistic growl.

“I heard what you did to her Magnus. How did you expect her to act? Why the hell should I bring her back?!” I heard Magnus sigh and give a quickly mumble through Logan’s mind. Logan was right though, why the hell should I go back? Go Logan!

“Because I wish to apologize, I acted irrationally towards her, and I wish to explain what she saw.” Both I and Logan were shocked at this. Me more so. Logan cleared his throat before he spoke again.

“Sorry Bub, Both myself and Liberty have been drinking I think it would be a good idea if we didn’t travel back tonight.”  Logan gave me a quick smirk, and then suddenly there was a heavy pounding against the window next to the booth we were once sitting at.

My eyes followed Magnus as he walked away from the window and towards the bar door. Logan ended his call and sat back in the booth. I looked away from the door just as the bell chimed to welcome the newest customer. I slid into the side of the booth which Logan sat in. we watched as Magnus slid into the opposite side of the booth wearing dark blue jean and a burgundy shirt. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, his blue eyes held a darkness to them which I didn’t find at all welcoming. If he was coming to make an apology he better make it quickly I was getting quickly tired of the look he was giving me.

“Why are you here Magnus?” I quickly questioned him. I was never one for beating around the bush. It was like he’d double take. He looked away from me then back at me, this time with bright blue eyes, gone was that dark glare. My eyes widened at this slightly

“I thought it was strange that Logan hadn’t brought you back with the hour, so I decided to use the tracker in his phone to find him, and therefore fine you.” Logan mumbled underneath his breath and growled. I think he forgot about the tracker.

“That still doesn’t explain why you’re here Magnus.” Magnus nodded and leaned back in the leather seat, he then looked at Logan his lips were pressed into a thin line.

“I wish to discuss that with Liberty Logan.” Logan scoffed, and quickly lunged forward. The only thing holding him back was the table, and I was worried that wouldn’t even stop him. I placed a hand on Logan shoulder and entered his mind. Influencing Logan was much harder that other people, especially with this much anger in his system. I felt Logan’s muscles relax underneath his skin but he still didn’t moved back from the table.

“You really think I would leave you alone with Liberty? You threw her!” Logan growled. I looked down at his balled fists to see his claws slowly slicing through his skin.

“Yes I do.” Magnus held a smirk on his lips, as Logan quickly bolted up from the table. I threw up my hand halting Logan in his tracks. He tried to push against the magnetic hold I had on him. His claws were half out, frozen there in place along with the rest of his body.

“Logan please…” I sighed as I pushed Logan’s claws back into his arms. And dropped the magnetic field causing him to drop his arms suddenly.