Chapter 40- The Arms Of Logan Howlett

I caught the last glimpses of the sun set a it disappeared behind the tall evergreens, as I thought about to day. My adopted family were here to support me, to be with me, with caused my chest to tighten in painful happiness, Magneto had finally seen that I had beaten him at his own game, and Steve had finally seen that I had forgiven him all those years ago. Tears rolled out from the corners of my eyes silently. I didn't sob or cry I just stood there between the gap in my curtains as the sun dragged the shadows along its slow descent into the ocean. I quickly wiped them away and pulled my robe closer around me. I unpinned my hair and shook it out as shadows consumed the scorched landscape descending it into the welcome darkness. I pulled the curtains to a close.

I electrically manipulated the lamp besides my bed to turn on giving the room a warm yellow glow. I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself. As I approached my bed I pulled away my plush cotton robe revealing my black silk nightgown. I pulled back the heavy duvet and slipped between the cool sheets. I turned my back towards the door, and manipulate the lamp to turn off leaving me in the dark. I sighed relaxing my whole body; I gently closed my eyes as a small smile settled on my lips, a peaceful and joyful smile.

Then all I heard was pounding against my door.

I groaned and switched my lamp back on. Dear god, if this isn't an emergency they'll have to have a pretty good excuse, for finding me. I padded across the plush carpeted floor and towards the door. I threw open the door to welcome a floor of artificial light from the hall way. I looked up at the silhouette of a stranger, as my pupils constricted dangerously small. I blinked rapidly trying to adjust my eyes to the new light.

"No need to bat your eyelashes at me Kid." I scowled up at the man in front of me, as my vision began to clear. His large animalistic smirk was bright white against his shadow drawn face, his bright brilliant blue eyes shone in the artificial light at he looked down at me.

"How did you find me Logan?" I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest. I felt overly exposed in this light. I stood there in my mid-thigh length silk nightdress. I leaned against my door way, as him smirk vanished from his lips.

"We need to talk Liberty." His voice was deep and sombre as I stood there underneath his gaze. I tensed automatically as he spoke those words. I had heard these words to many times, mainly from men, and especially from Eric Lehnsherr.

"I don't want to talk anymore Logan." I said begrudgingly as I went to close my door. I grabbed the edge of my door and pushed it hard. I heard it slam against something solid. Yet Logan still stood there. I looked down at the floor to see his foot blocking the doors from closing. I huffed and looked up into Logan deep royal blue eyes.

"Logan don't make me force you from my door way." He moved his foot and pushed the door back open. I rolled my eyes and went to splay my hand out, only for him to suddenly grasp it. He laced his work worn hand with my own smooth pale hand.

"We don't have to talk." He said huskily as he leaned down. My heart hammered in my chest, as his lips pressed against mine. He kept hold of my hand as he splayed his other hand across my lower back. My other hand clutched at his flannel shirt anchoring me to him. We fought for dominance through that kiss, I push and yet he pushed harder. My nails tore into his flannel shirt, yet that didn't distract him if anything it spurred him on. His rough tongue grazed my bottom lip seeking entrance. But I wasn't giving into him just yet.

I dug my teeth into his bottom lip, drawing the slightest hint of blood. I expected him to pull away, but the reaction I gained was completely unexpected. He gave a long guttural groan, causing me to gasp against his healing lip. He unlaced his land from mine, and moved it to the nape of my neck. He grasped the short hairs there pulling my lips from his. I panted, as he leaned down again, my chest rose and fell rapidly as I waited for something, for anything.