Chapter 43- Broken Street

"The attacks started early this afternoon, people men women and children spontaneously turning into mutants."

"Panic has filled the streets as these new mutants have begun to attack the human population"

"New York has announced a state of emergency...the whole city has been quarantined, no one leaves or enters the area."

"we broad cast live as the Avengers arrive overhead...There she is Liberty arriving with Doctor Strange, Captain America and Iron Man."

"The new mutants have begun to band together forming teams to attack and take down those trying to help. I have never been one to say this but...please someone save us."

These people weren't mutants they were human...before all of this...now they had become the monsters from Ruth Aldine's premonitions. There was nothing human about them, they attacked the civilian populations snarling and foaming at the mouth, thirsty for chaos. Eye blood shot, controlled unwillingly devoid of free will. They were the puppets in a grand scheme.

"You know I don't want to do this Loki." I looked across the mirage pool to Hela's dead eyes. I stood there bound in the great hall; Odin sat on his throne looking down at us as I watched horror reflecting in my eyes as Liberty stepped out onto the battle field. Eyes of the enemy transfixed on, sceptre in hand a skin tight boy suit clad her body, adorned with the X-men and Avengers crests. What I would do to speak to her again...to tell her that I love her before all this horror would unfold.

"I know." Were the only words I uttered. Hela understood, she may hate me but she had no reason to hate my beloved no reason to punish her in the way she was about to. To deny her the sweet release of death over and over again to be thrown back into the pains of life. Hela nodded and glided across the marble steps towards Odin's throne she stood at his left as Heimdall stood at his right. Heimdall's clouded eyes stared across the room and straight to Midgard, as he watched the war unfold as if he was stood there himself.

"Loki I do this in the best interest of the nine realms, it is with good intentions that I keep Liberty away from deaths grasp in order to protect this world and many others." My hand clenched into fists causing the tight shackles to gnaw, my teeth ground together as I stood there and watched as the blood shed began.

My blade sliced through the air before hitting flesh only for it to rebound off. I ducked beneath the large arms ready to crush me. I slid between his legs only for him to grab my hair in his tight grasp and pull me back. He threw me away from him. My body rounding off a concrete corner and slamming against the broken ground. Dust clouded my vision as he moved closer. I clasped my hands together and pulled away my gloves. His hands reached towards me through the concrete dust. I grabbed them in my own, electric sparks crawling off of my skin onto his etching through layers of fat and muscle reaching his core, his eyes clouded white as he died beneath my hands.

Suddenly another person ran towards me. I was so ready to attack my body shook with anticipation, as the dust cleared I saw the panicked look, the wide terror filled eyes that stared at me. The impulses receded back into my body, as I stood there. The person running straight towards me as if I was a saviour.

"Please help me." his voice was shaky and weak, as tears carved through his ash covered features. Suddenly his pleas for help were silenced. His lips moved as he clutched at my arms, gargling crawled through his throat as a final whine escaped his lips. His body began to slide away from mine. I grabbed him in my arms, falling to the ground with him, his eyes quickly growing dead, as I kneeled there with him in my arms. I gasped and opened my mouth, I moved towards him so close to saving him as his heart still pumped in my hands, suddenly a shot rang out. The bullet tore through his skull. He grew limp. His body no longer spasmed or twitched as his eyes grew dark and dull.