Chapter 38- Undisclosed Scars

Her eyes widened when she saw me and Tony. Her heels scraped against the hardwood floor as she ran toward us. We both opened our arms to welcome her hurtling form. I caught her in my arms quickly wrapping my arms around her, constricting her. Her face was buried in my chest, as I pressed my lips against her hair. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. I had barely set a foot inside the school and here she was clutching me as if she was home sick.

"When do I get my hug?" I gave a small smile as I pulled away from Liberty her Green and silver eyes quickly seek mine before darting to Tony's own bright blue eyes. Tony buried his face into the crook of her neck as she stood up on her tip toes and pressed her face into his collar bone. His hand splayed out across her back, holding her possessively.

I looked down the corridor to see The Vision gliding towards us. I have him a nod and a tight lipped smile.

"So how'd she react to you?" I asked as I pushed my slightly skewed glasses up my nose. The vision looked down at Liberty in Tony's arm with a curious look. It was affection; I don't think the vision had a clear representation of affection until he looked down at Tony and Liberty. It was the connection after the loss, missing someone and accepting them when they return.

Something Tony forgot when Liberty came back into our lives. But by looking at him, he was never going to make that mistake again.

"She accepts me, doesn't see me as some inhuman thing to gawk at. Which is nice." I nodded and gave the vision a larger toothless smile. The vision was calculating but, he was as equally emotional. His technological green eyes focus and constricted at the scene of affection. I looked at Tony and Liberty to see her pulling away from Tony, they had reconnected they had rekindled what friendship they had.

"Is everyone here?" she asked as she tried to look over Tony's shoulder. Tony looked over his shoulder and then looked to me, his eyes held hurt. I knew why, outside inside that jet stood two people, one both me and Tony thought Liberty would never want to see again, the other maybe too painful for her to see.

"Yes. Now Liberty there's something we have to tell you..."

"I would rather tell her Stark." Both me and Tony twisted around, to see Thor standing there in all his Asgardien glory, minus the cape and hammer. I heart a short almost pained gasp from behind me. I twisted around to see Liberty's eyes full of tears, which were liberally pouring down her cheeks.

"Liberty?" I questioned as I grasped the tops of her arms in a gentle grasp. Her eyes didn't move from the God of Thunder as I moved my hand up to her face to wipe away the constant tears.

"Thor I think its best you go." Tony said as he looked at Liberty with a distressed expression. He felt sorry for her, she had been away from anything to do with Asgard for years and here he was, Thor the God of thunder, Loki's adoptive brother, standing in front of her. Thor didn't move away he only stepped forward.

"I want to see my sister Stark." Tony stood in front of him like a waist high barricade. Thor pushed him out of the way. I looked back at Liberty was she stood there looking up at Thor. He bent down to her eye level and witnessed the raw emotion that poured from her. It was palpable, strong and painful. My chest constricted at the sight of her crying. She was the strongest of us all yet here she was, so overcome. I moved away from her as Thor's hands replaced mine, and began wiping away tears.

"I have missed you sister." He said softly as he looked into her green and silver eyes. I dared to think what Thor thought as he looked into the eyes, that mirrored both Liberty and His adoptive brother. I saw the pain of loss blossom between them.