Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots

I left the infirmary hoping to god that Tony was ok, hoping that I had at least helped me some way. I sighed as I began to hear a familiar and stern mental voice flowing through the safe house.

“I don’t understand it, why would she risk herself so much, for people who will never remember her name or her face.” I shook my head causing my long black hair to flow around me like a shadow.

“I risk myself for people who will never remember me because I have nothing to lose.” I spoke mentally as I opaque glass doors of the lounge room swung open as I exerted mental force. Eric twisted towards me as I stood there in torn and tattered clothing, covered in Tony’s blood and scorch marks.

Logan was relaxed on a white couch chewing on a slightly burnt cigar. Hawkeye sat on the arm of the same couch with his tinted glasses off and his blond hair tousled. Bruce was sat on a white love seat with his hands clasped underneath his chin.

Then there was Eric, his skins was no longer bruised and cut, pieces of dried blood remained soaked into his clothing, and slashed remain through the clothing but physically he was fine. Soon I began to realize that our silence was being interrupted by the gentle patting of my blood against the white marble floor. I looked down at my hand to see blood dripping from a long stream originating from the palm of my hand.my mouth made an o shape as I looked down at that.

I looked up as the sound of a case unclipping echoed through the room. Bruce walked over to me with a bandage in hand, and a warm smile on his lips. He kneeled down in front of me and began to wrap my hand in thick gauze His kind brown eyes were comforting as the blood that had spilled on the floor disappeared in a bronze and silver haze. He folded the end and stood up from the floor.

“That should stop the unnecessary blood flow until your hand heals fully.” I smirked at Bruce, and nodded. I looked at Eric who looked at me with his piercing blue eyes which unnerved me.

“We need to talk Liberty.” He said deeply, making a shiver crawl up my spine, I couldn’t tell if I was scared by his deep and authoritarian tone or aroused.

 Jesus my heads a mess.

I blinked rapidly a few times trying ridding my mind of that thought in a less obvious manner that physically shaking my head. I nodded slowly as I regained some control over my thoughts.

“Calm down Eric, she’s only just got here.” Eric looked at Logan with a scowl which was matched by high eye brows and a wolfish smirk causing me to smirk at Logan and chuckle lightly.

“I guess you’re right Logan.” Logan nodded as Eric walked over to one of the two love seats left and sat down gracefully in it. I walked through the deserted middle ground, and sat next to Logan on the couch.

“So how was Tony?” Bruce quickly piped up as I ran my hands over my blood and grim covered face. I sighed and rested my elbows on my knees, causing me slight discomfort but I couldn’t care less, especially not right now.

“Well he’s much better, his legs have stopped bleeding and have hopefully healed, and he no longer needs his ventilator.” Bruce nodded and pursed his lips against his laced fingers.

“First thing he asked when he got into the infirmary was if you were ok, and obviously I couldn’t give him an answer.” A gave a small sniff and dropped my head into my hands and groaned.

“It’s the waiting game now bub.” I looked at Logan who smiled down at me. I gave a small smiled back at Logan as I rubbed a piece of dry flecking blood from my cheek and watched it drift away in a light ash.

“I think I need a shower.” I mumbled into the palm of my hand, muffling any major sounds blurring it into one noise which resembled a groan of discomfort.