Chapter 29- Barely A Word Spoken

I watched them from the window. Absorbed in their own little world, all the pleasantries of a friendship. I saw the bright glint of joy in her eyes as she pulled him into the water. Her heart was open, she was so vulnerable. But soon everything changed, she was hurt she was distraught, pained by the burden of being a part of a God. But soon that would end, I would put her out of her misery. Her misery was palpable, I could taste the pain, the coppery salty taste. She was in pain, and I was here to cease it.

I watched as she walked out from the pool and walked through the school. They didn’t even know I was there watching, waiting. I felt the cold steel of the revolver on my fingertips, pushed into the waist band of my jeans. I smirked to myself.

“Soon.” So soon, she would finally be happy, away from this place. Hydra told me it was a mercy mission and finally I believed then, I was sent here to save her, save her from this wretched life of hers.

I yawned into my pillows and pushed myself up from the warm sheets. The room was cold causing Goosebumps to rise up on my arms. The tight vest top I wore overnight had ruffled itself up to just underneath my breasts, I pulled it quickly back down and walked to the bathroom. I yawned again, as I looked in the mirror. Blood shot eyes and untamable hair; I just huffed and watched as a gold and silver hair enveloped my body, my hair once against flowed down over my shoulders and down the middle of my back naturally. I watched as it curled itself up into glossy loose ringlets. I smiled at my reflection and watched as a glazed sheen swiped over my eyes pulling away the pink veins and leaving me with bright and lively eyes.

I stretched my arms up high and stood up on my tip toes as I walked back into my room. I heard each joint crack and felt each tendon and ligament stretch in pain from the prolonged rest. I grabbed my phone from my bed side table and saw that it was only seven-thirty in the morning, but already I could hear the mental hum of teachers and students alike. I pressed the music app and allowed it to play as loud as possible.

I mouthed the words as I pulled out a pair of blue high waisted skinny jeans from one of the draws of the wardrobe. I loved this song; I swayed my hips as I pulled my vest top up and over my head and shimmed my boy shorts down my legs. I smirked as I pulled out a deep red silk bra and brief set. I clipped up the bra and gently pulled up the silk briefs over my legs. I pulled a simple black blouse over my shoulders and buttoned it up quickly. I grabbed a pair of heeled white and black brogues, and slipped them onto my feet and fastened the strapped that secured the heel to my foot.

I smiled at myself at the floor length mirror and gave myself a twirl. I looked good, I dug my hand into the front pocket of my jeans and felt a pocket watch materialize in my hand; I pulled it out of my pocket revealing a chain secured to my belt loop. I flipped open the solid metal pocket watch lid to reveal the white ivory face reading quarter to eight. I looked around me looking for something missing, something out of place, and there it was. The crisp white shirt from Eric, neatly folded on my desk without a crease. I sighed and grabbed the cold unworn fabric, and opened my room door to welcome the groggy babble of just waking students.

I walked down the hall two doors, and saw the door with just the initial ‘M’ engraved on the door. I knocked firmly on the hard wood door, and waited. I looked down at the shirt and saw an ‘M’ embroidered into the collar tag, I rang my finger of the delicate silver stitching. Suddenly the door swung open. I opened my mouth to speak, but no one stood there. I looked from outside of the room, I know I didn’t open the door and if I did, I didn’t mean it. I heard the sound of a shower behind the frost glass bathroom door. I quickly crept inside, silently hoping that he wouldn’t hear me.