Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1

It was like everything had slowed down. My arms where out trying to slow my decent, but there was no hope. The glass dropped like vicious rain as they slashed into my revealed skin. Then something unbelievable happened.

Someone heard me.

I was slammed into their body at a high speed as we raced across the Manhattan skyline. I didn’t look up at the person who caught me, I just clutched onto them for dear life as I looked over his shoulder at the smoldering ash that was once Stark Tower.

Soon the sound of metal grating against the zip wire brought us to a halt. I lost my footing as I let go of the man who graciously saved me. He suddenly grabbed my wrist steadying me; I looked up at the man who held my wrist in a leather covered grip to recognize that all too familiar smirk.

“Hawkeye?” He chuckled and pulled away his black reflective glasses, and looked me dead in the eye.

“Long time no see Liberty.” I nodded as my eyes widened, I looked down at my body to see the stains of my blood and Tony’s covering my clothes. My eyes widened even more as I quickly looked up at Hawkeye.

“Where’s Tony?!” I looked out over the broken city to see the bright lights of paramedics racing toward the worst affected areas. Hawkeye quickly twisted me around and looked deep into my eyes.

“Tony’s safe, so is Bruce. Black Widow got them out of there quickly.” My heart was still racing fast in my chest, but knowing that they were safe, made my heart slow just the smallest bit. I breathed heavily trying to relax my heart as I stood there in front of Clint, but still something was bothering me. Why were Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff in Manhattan?

“Why are you back here? In Manhattan I mean.” Clint scratched the back of his head, and looked at me with his bright blue eyes. I knew he was hiding something, and I would get it out of him.

“Why are you and Natasha Romanoff in New York?” he cleared his throat and avoided my eyes contact, really? I have many other means of getting the information I needed. I tried pushing myself into his mind, but S.H.I.E.L.D had trained him well, before their total disintegration.

“Don’t make me hurt you Clint.” I raised my hand up and clawed it as the bright blue sparks began to surface for my skin and channel themselves to the tips of my fingers webbing between each point. He looked at my hand and swallowed audibly.

“I and Natasha have been tracking you since you reappeared. Tony told us you were back, and with the threat of hydra, I… I mean we thought it would be good to keep tabs on you just in case, something, like this happened.” The electrical impulses slowly seeped back into my muscles but stayed close to the surface. I looked at him skeptically.

“You knew that bomb was placed there by a Hydra, didn’t you?” He nodded and looked down at me, this time with guilt evident in his features.

“We knew if there was ever an attack, it would be made by Hydra, so yes as soon as we heard about the bomb going off in Stark Tower we had an inkling it would have been planted by Hydra.” I nodded and brushed my hands over my blood marred clothes transforming them in a golden haze. My blood marred shirt was replaced by a maroon silk blouse, my ripped skinny jeans replaced by a fresh and clean pair, and my torn blood jacket replaced by a thick leather biker jacket. I tugged it slightly making sure the jacket fitted me.