Twenty Two: Final Boss, Shigaraki

A/N: As usual, MANGA SPOILERS AHEAD, MAJOR MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS, read at your discretion.

Fun fact: Also, I was reading through the chapters and realized my phones been adding a "u" to Endeavor but I'm too lazy to go back and change them all so y'all just gotta put up with it, sorry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ryukyu dropped us where the decay had already destroyed everything it could and since moved on, no longer affecting the area it had destroyed. Any sign of life or civilization was gone, leaving only dry dirt and ash in it's wake. I had no idea where Endeavor had gone, but from the radio communications I was able to overhear, paramedics had wanted him to bring Mirko to them.

Running my hands through my hair, I deactivated my quirk and stared out at the ruin, wondering how many hero's ashes I was standing in.

"Shota..." I whispered, feeling my heart ache at the sight.

He hobbled over to me, favoring his twisted leg, and wrapped a comforting hand around my own, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I know."

Looking up at him, I felt my eyes begin to water. "Where's Mic?"

"I don't know." He answered, looking away from me.

Ryukyu bowed her head beside me, nudging my elbow with her dragon head. "We need to focus. I know this hurts, but we can't take a break right now."

I nodded, entering my hero form once more. "So, what's our next move?"

Almost as if on cue, my own Bluetooth came to life for the first time, Endeavor's voice buzzing into my ear.

"Anyone who can mobilize without touching the ground, form a perimeter around me and Shigaraki, now!" His gruff voice practically yelled into my head.

Flinching, I cupped my hand over my ear and looked to Aizawa, who was watching me. He reached out for me, gently cupping my face in both hands and pulling me closer. Pressing his forehead against mine, he remained silent for only a moment.

"I'll see you soon." He promised me, releasing his hold on my face.

I didn't move away, instead choosing to deliver a quick kiss to his lips. "You will." With that, I stepped away and snapped my gliders open before taking off into the air, Ryukyu just ahead of me.

As we soared back to the ruins of the hospital, I was a good enough distance away to see Shigaraki take off into the air, Endeavor hot on his heels. We gave chase, far behind but still able to see the two ahead of us. At first, I wasn't sure where Shigaraki was going until I looked directly ahead of him. He was heading into town... where Midoriya and the rest of class 1A were evacuating citizens. Why was he heading that way? Was he going to try to kill all the innocent civilians?

Turning around, I took notice of Aizawa also following us as best as he could, using his capturing scarf to avoid touching the ground as we caught up to the decay that was still spreading. Quickly averting my attention back to Endeavor, I watched as Shigaraki found footing far ahead of us and sprinted for someone while Endeavor followed, throwing attacks at the villain as he chased.

Moving the air around me at higher speeds, I caught up to Ryukyu, looking up at my friend as her head craned down to look at me. "Let's get this bastard." I called up to her, earning a nod from my friend.

Ryukyu charged ahead, flying down and swiping at Shigaraki as he went after Midoriya and Bakugo. Reacting quickly, Shigaraki extended his hand out, touching her claw with a look of triumph. When nothing happened, the triumph was replaced with shock as he was sent flying through the air.