Five: Bones

Aizawa

Both of the bone spiders lept from the building wall, one coming right for me. Running backward quickly, my capturing scarf came to life and I prepared to fight the creature until Shinso or Akiyasu could help.

"Element!" Jirou shrieked, and I snapped my head in her direction just in time to see Akiyasu's long white hair disappear behind a building in the air.

I couldn't understand what had just happened and our attacker wasn't giving me time to process, his legs swinging wildly at me in an effort to deal damage. I was too nimble for him, evading his slow movements and gradually getting to higher ground.

Once on a lamp post, I sent my scarf out, wrapping three of its legs together and jerking my arm back to trip the thing up.

"Shinso!" I yelled for him. "Get it's head!"

Shinso made a move toward the creature, but it's five other legs thrashed around violently, swiping into him and sending him into the building. Jirou popped up from nowhere and jumped onto the spider's midsection with ease, jamming her ear jack into the skull before releasing a sonic boom that was big enough to shatter the skull. The thrashing of the legs ceased in an instant as the bones fell apart into unconnected pieces.

"Well that was easy." Shinso remarked, rubbing his shoulder.

"Team work!" Jirou grinned, hopping off the pile of bones and stepping over to me.

"Where's Element?" I asked, not forgetting that she and the second creature had disappeared.

Jirou's grin faded and she turned to look back in the direction she had vanished in. "Somewhere over there, I couldn't see where she went. She got hit hard."

"She was hit?"

She nodded before breaking into a run, heading in Akiyasu's supposed direction. "We have to help her."

Shinso and I silently agreed, running after her as well to search for Element and the monster.

Akiyasu

Gliding was not an option since my arm was pinned to my side and there was no way in hell I would be able to out run that thing. My only option was to stay and fight.

And this thing was putting up a hell of a fight. Anytime I attempted to hit it with an attack, it evaded. It was adapting and growing faster the longer the battle ensued.

"Why won't you stay still!" I yelled in frustration while releasing a massive ice attack,  the giant formation blocking off an entire street but still somehow missing the villain.

"Don't lose your temper, Element." The voice taunted as the spider circled me. Finally, one leg swiped at me and I gripped the foot tightly before freezing my free hand to its surface. With as much upper body strength as I could muster, I swung the creature over my head and slammed it into the concrete. Before I could liquify it, a stabbing pain exploded in my leg and I instinctively leapt away from the source. Another human bone came with me, still stuck in my leg.

Making a face, I ripped the bone out of my thigh and threw it to the ground with enough force to snap it in half.

This was virtually unimpressive to the enemy, who made a weird screaming sound and lunged at me. Trying to grab hold of the monster again, I gripped it's leg but the creature threw all of its weight into me and toppled me. My spine slammed hard into the asphalt and if that wasn't enough, the creature was visciously grinding me further into the ground while simultaneously pushing me toward something. It's pushing was coordinated and intentional, and I wasn't about to find out what it was trying to do.