Twenty Eight: Never Safe

The very second the trance wore off, I was on my feet and running for the window, manipulating the flames out of my way before diving directly out of the shattered window pane. As I plummeted several stories, I brought the pavement up closer to me and absorbed my fall before ejecting myself to the sidewalk- completely safe.

From there, I sprinted, pulling my shirt over my head so I could have my hero suit at the ready. Snapping my gliders open, I took to the air and soared around the corner of the dorms, heading for the only exist she would be able to take since she couldn't turn into Tansho and become gas while holding Echiko. Her only option was pretending to be me and walking out quietly.

All I needed to do was catch up. Two minutes. That's the only head start she had. If I was fast, I would beat her to the front of campus.

To my surprise, I passed Shota and Eri on my way to the front gate.

"Echiko!" I screamed at him in panic, never slowing down. I didn't have the time to stop to make sure he was following. Hell, as long as he got Eri somewhere safe, then I could get Echiko back on my own. Right?

As I rocketed across campus, dirt and leaves were stirred behind me, fluttering in my wake. I would rather die than let them take my daughters. I was going to get her back if it was the last thing I did.

The closer I got to the gate, the better I could see the lone figure that was hurrying away from the school. With my target in view, I used a burst of fire to propel me forward faster. "Toga!" I screamed at her, making her turn around. Her eyes widened and she immediately turned and ran, her legs carrying her to the door of the gate.

Reacting quickly, I crumpled the cement below her, tripping her up. She fell forward but caught herself and continued to run. But the trip was enough for me to catch up to her. She flinched and swung her body down, avoiding my hand as I reached out for her. Touching down on the cement, I began to engage her in combat, swinging on her relentlessly. Still, Toga was just as good as I remembered, dodging me with ease. The girl was always acrobatic, so I shouldn't be surprised.

"Himiko!" Another voice called out and I looked up to see another girl standing outside of the gate. I recognized her immediately as the white haired and winged girl Toga had turned into and used the quirk of to put me into a trance. So, that villain had joined the League of Villains? I wonder how long she had been with them. Was it only after they busted all of those people out of jail? Whoever she was, she seemed worried about Toga but the UA security system prevented her from being able to step inside the gates. So, she was forced to watch me attack Toga.

So be it. They had come for my child- peace was not an option.

As Toga continued to run, I entered the highest form I could, my eyes and hair glowing as I floated in the air effortlessly. "Give me my daughter back." I ordered her, lifting a hand and blocking the exit of the gate with a large pillar of asphalt. She paused, one hand around the baby, and looked back at me as I shot forward, preparing to grab her. Toga swung her body back around, leaving her back to me, and used my quirk to break a hole in the asphalt pillar I had made. Before I could reach her, she jumped through the opening and escaped to the other side.

With no hesitation, I shot through the opening after her, grabbing her by her ankle as she hopped into Kurogiri's portal. With a frustrated scream, I ripped her back through the portal and threw her body behind me, directly into the gate.

She clung to the baby with determination, not ready to give up yet.

"Give her to me!" I screamed, lunging forward and ready to attack her. Instead, I was intercepted and pushed into the asphalt pillar. Turning my attention on the second person, I knew it was the winged girl, her frosty white hair giving her away as she crouched in front of Toga protectively.