Thirty Eight: How Far Will You Go?

A/N: This will be an AU ending- meaning an alternate ending to whatever one MHA has established now. Everything happening in this chapter, the following chapter, and the previous chapter are not canon to the MHA storyline.

Shota and I held eye contact, the meaning of his actions settling into the pit of my stomach. He had used his quirk against me. How had I fallen this far? To using my quirk to try to kill someone only to be stopped by my husband? What did that make me now?

He turned his back on me, focusing his erasure back on Shigaraki while I remained frozen to the spot, dumbfounded. I couldn't move now.

What had I done? Was I really going to walk him off a ledge when we could have easily made an arrest? That's not self defense, that's a vendetta. I shouldn't even be here right now.

Taking a shaky step backward, I prepared to turn on my heel and allow Shota to deal with Shigaraki, but I was stopped dead when the ground beneath me shook violently.

"Looks like he found me." Shigaraki rasped.

I understood instantly. Gigantomachia- the newest and biggest threat in the League. He was trying to get to Shigaraki and in that process, the building was getting knocked down. As the tower began to tilt, the screams of the people within the many floors below us erupted into the air. They were all going to die.

Shaking the shock from my body, I broke into a sprint, grabbing Shota by his arm and heading for the ledge. All Shigaraki did was laugh as we jumped from the ledge.

"Got a plan?" Shota asked as we plunged toward the ground.

"We need to save the civilians." I replied, softening the asphalt just as we made contact with the ground.

The asphalt sucked us in and spit us out safely, but my next move would have to be fast. The building was already in the middle of a fall. If we didn't respond quickly, thousands of people were going to die.

So, somersaulting forward, I raised both my hands above my head and buried my feet into the ground, using my quirk to hold the metal frame of the building so it could no longer fall. There was only one issue- buildings are fucking heavy.

"Shota..." I grunted, feelings my muscles bulge as I held the building on my own. "Find... Hawks. Get... them out." The weight of the building was beginning to drive me further into the asphalt, the sharp pieces of the street cutting up my calves as I sunk. That was just going to be something I had to endure. If I softened the asphalt, I might get buried alive quickly- like quick sand. It would also distract me and I might lose my grip on the building.

My breathing was labored and every passing second felt like minutes. Where was Shota and Hawks? I couldn't look around, the weight I was holding on to was overwhelming. I couldn't move. My entire body burned.

Finally, red feathers shot past me, finding their way into broken windows and pulling people out one by one. But I couldn't celebrate. The rumbling behind me indicated that something big was coming up behind me. My entire back tensed up in fear, but still, I couldn't drop the building to defend myself.

"I finally have you right where I want you." Shigaraki's voice crept up my spine, giving me chills.

I didn't respond to him, the only thing I was able to do was strain under the immense amount of pressure and weight on top of me.

"Do you think you can save all of them, hero?" He laughed not too far away from me. "Before I turn you to dust and eliminate you as a problem forever?"

"Your... mono...logues... still... fucking... suck." I panted out to him, pushing upward with my shoulder as gravity drove the building further toward the ground.