Twenty Seven: Do You Believe Your Own Eyes?

Aizawa

Late that night, we finally got back home, completely exhausted from all the events of the day.

Well, maybe not Akiyasu. She just seemed drunk and giggly. That much was evident when she stumbled through the dorm and into our room. I followed closely behind her, freezing in the doorway as I watched her strip the wedding dress off.

"Oh," she groaned, which did something to me that I couldn't explain. "It feels so good to be able to take this off. I don't get how anyone can go around in skirts and dresses all the time." She turned to face me, only wearing a corset and underwear. "And don't get me started on this corset. The fact that I can even still breathe is a miracle in itself." She suddenly paused, crossing her arms and cocking her head at me. "Why are you staring at me?"

Shaking my head, I moved further into the room and shut the door behind me. "Nothing."

A mischievous smile broke across her face. "Hey, Sho, will you help me take this off?"

"Is that your attempt at seduction?" I asked, taking off my suit. 

She gasped dramatically. "Excuse me, I am a woman of grace and innocence."

I rolled my eyes and stepped closer to her, helping her untie the corset. As my fingers worked at the string, there were noticeable goosebumps spreading over her skin. Smirking, I brushed my hands over her shoulders and trailed my index finger down her spine, making her shudder.

"What's wrong, oh innocent one?" I teased her.

She turned her head so she could look at me over her shoulder. "I'm enjoying the moment."

Huffing a short laugh through my nose, I leaned forward and kissed her shoulder as I untied the corset. She sighed and leaned into me as the corset fell away. As soon as it did, something fell to the floor.

Furrowing my brow, I stooped down to pick it up, noticing it was a crumpled piece of paper, but Akiyasu quickly snatched it up and balled it in her fist.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just a receipt."

I gave her an amused smirk. "Why are you putting receipts in your dress?"

"Because it doesn't have pockets." She answered immediately, standing up and holding her exposed breasts as she went to the waste basket and tossed the tiny piece of paper into it.

As she came back to me, I opened my arms and she settled into my lap. "Well that just won't do. What kind of bulky piece of clothing like that doesn't have pockets?"

"Pretty much everything made for women does not have pockets. It's why I carry everything with individual fingers."

I thought back to all the times she would carry her wallet, her coffee, her keys, and her phone in the same hand. That statement checks out.

"Okay, muscle fingers, let's go to bed."

Akiyasu made a face of disgust but didn't say anything, instead crawling up the bed before she reached for something on the bedside table. From the object she pulled what looked like a baby wipe and began to wipe the makeup from her face.

While she did that, I finished undressing and got into bed beside her. She was done cleaning her face and was now wiggling her body beneath the blanket until she was comfortable.

I grabbed her by her arms and pulled her closer to me. She responded by snuggling into my side, her arm draped over my chest and head nuzzled on my shoulder. For a while, I stayed there, holding her with one arm and stroking her hair with my other hand. Her breathing slowed until she eventually began to softly snore. As I watched her sleep, I couldn't help but think about how beautiful she was. This is my wife. I got to marry her. Even though she can be stubborn and completely careless with her own safety, I still absolutely adored this woman in my arms. Of course, it was difficult for me to show that adoration so openly, but she knew it and that's all that mattered.