Twenty Five: I Do, and Forever After

Aizawa

"Are you ready?" I asked Akiyasu, grabbing my suit from the closet and turning to face her. As I did, my eyes washed over her appearance, subtle surprise taking over me as I studied her.

She had her hair in a fancy braid over her shoulder, glimmering stones braided through each section. Loose curls framed her face, the dark strands a steep contrast to her pale skin. For the occasion, she wore a soft beige eye shadow on her eyelids along with precise winged eyeliner and mascara, which made her eyelashes look longer than usual. A deep, natural shade of pink had been applied to her lips and a soft pink was dusted over her cheekbones.

When her eyes met mine, she smiled and my heart could have stopped right then and there.

"Do you like it?" She asked as she put a pair of earrings into her ears for the first time in several years.

Letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I grabbed her by her hand and spun her around, pretending to study her hair but nonchalantly letting my gaze wash over her figure. "You're beautiful." I finally said, spinning her back around to face me.

Her face turned pink as she cast her eyes downward. "You think so?"

"I do. When do I get to see the dress?"

She smiled with her teeth, meeting my eyes and standing on the tips of her toes to kiss my cheek. "At the ceremony. I want you to be surprised."

"Hizashi already told me that you want to see me cry. Is that why you're waiting?"

"Woah woah, that's not what I said." She corrected, shaking her head. "I said that if you don't cry when you see me walking down the aisle, then I'm turning around and we're doing it a second time."

I chuckled, shaking my own head at her but holding tight onto her hand and pulling her close. She giggled as I pulled her into me, my other arm finding the small of her back to keep her within inches of me. Pressing a kiss to her lips, I pulled away with a smile to my face. "I have no doubts you would do that."

She grinned, leaning her head back so she could keep her eyes on my face. "Then I better see some tears."

"How could I not cry when I see someone as gorgeous as you walking down the aisle for me."

This time, her face turned a bright red. "Okay okay, stop making me blush."

Smirking, I fastened my hold on her, pressing her into me, and brought our hands up beside our faces. Stepping forward, I lead her in a dance around the bedroom.

"What are you doing?" She laughed, following along with me.

"We are practicing." I stated. "So you won't turn into a tomato if you mess up."

She laughed with spirit, a large smile on her face as she held onto my shoulder with her other hand. For the first time in a long time, I felt lucky. She was so beautiful and that laugh brought me a joy I was always afraid of showing. It was all I needed to hear to confirm that she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. That was the laugh I wanted to hear every day. The smile I was looking at was the one I wanted to see every day.

Sighing, I pressed my forehead against hers, still leading her in the dance around the room. "You are the love of my life." My voice was just a whisper, quiet enough so that only she could hear and not anyone else in the dorm. "I'm in love with you."

Her smile widened as she tilted her head back, bringing her lips to mine for only a moment.

When she retreated, she blinked up at me with total adoration. "I'm so lucky I get to marry you."