Twenty Six: Wedding Celebrations

Shota and I danced for almost an hour before he admitted his prosthetic was killing him. I gave him the okay to take a break, at which point Hizashi demanded I dance with him.

Loud mouth was a ball of energy as usual, dancing like he was on something and making me laugh the entire time. Eventually, I excused myself to sit with my husband, who looked absolutely exhausted now.

"Is that seat taken?" I asked, no other seats around him.

"Uh, that's my lap." He looked at me in confusion.

"I know, I just think you're really cute and wanted to hit on you." I laughed and sat on his good leg. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my back into his chest, kissing me in between my shoulder blades.

"Akiyasu?"

"Yes?"

"You know we're married, right? You're hitting on your husband."

I sighed and leaned back against him, resting the back of my head on the top of his shoulder. "What a wonderful sound."

"What?"

"You saying we're married. It's like music to my ears."

He moved his lips closer to my ear, dropping his voice to a whisper. "We're married. You are my wife."

I smiled widely and tilted my head to the side to look into his eyes. "Chills. You're giving me chills."

He smirked and planted a kiss on my lips before pulling away and running his hands over the train of my wedding dress. "I never thought you'd look so great all dolled up for me. You look like a princess."

I snorted, lifting my head up and suppressing a loud laugh. "A Princess?"

"Yeah, you know, the Disney ladies."

"Which Princess do I look like?"

He paused, trying to think. "The pretty one?"

This time, I let myself laugh loudly. "God, I love you." With that, I attempted to get to my feet, but he quickly tightened his hold on my waist.

"No, don't leave."

Wrapping my hands around his, I leaned into him once more. "Okay, I'll stay here forever, I'll never leave."

"Okay, good."

It was at that moment that someone cleared their throat and we both looked up to see Hawks standing over us.

"Oh, hi Hawks, I'm surprised you actually showed up." I spoke first.

"You can call me Keigo." He gave me a lopsided smile and rubbed the back of his neck. "I was actually on my way out, I was only able to clear two hours for this. I just wanted to say congratulations and thank you for the invite."

Shota extended his hand to Keigo. "We appreciate you attending, regardless." They shook hands.

"We consider you a friend." I added. "So of course you got an invite."

He shoved his hands in his pockets and leaned all of his weight on one hip. "Thanks. It's good to know I still have some people on my side."

"Always." Shota and I said at the same time.

"And, I just wanted to apologize again. You know, for  treating you like shit." I expressed remorse to him once again.

He laughed through this nose. "No big deal. Don't worry about it. Just... try not to jump off any more buildings."

I gave him a salute at the forehead, winking and making a clicking sound with my tongue. "Aye aye."

He shook his head, chuckling, and began to walk away. "I'll catch you two later."